Gencon 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASeiple

Livin' la vida biblia
Registered
Reaction score
After talking shop with some awesome authors at the Origins Gamefair in Columbus, I'm interested to know if anyone's got any plans to be present at Gencon. I'm going, (just as an attendee since I don't have anything published yet,) and wouldn't mind stopping by the book tables and meeting some more fun people.

ASeiple

Livin' la vida biblia
Registered
Reaction score
Good heavens. It's a testament to either my obliviousness or the sprawling mass of Gencon that I've never noticed that Symposium before.

Probably both, come to think of it. So much goes on that you pretty much have to focus on your prime interests and let the other stuff take care of itself.

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
I will also be at the 2016 Symposium. My husband and parents are coming too as a kind of nerdy family vacation thing. It's my first con, so I'm pretty excited!

Does anyone have any experience trying to balance both Symposium events, tabletop oriented events, and some general genre fan stuff? My husband is my co-creator of sorts, so I think he'd be interested in attending select Symposium panels with me, but ultimately he's coming for the tabletop stuff. My parents like board games, but aren't as familiar with pen and paper roleplaying. Drooling over minis and dice sets won't be very exciting for them. I'm just wondering how hard it's going to be to fit in something for everybody in the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.