The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Apocalypse Press

Apocalypse Press

I bumped into this publisher sometime last year and saved it away for future consideration. Looking at them now they still don't have anything published as far as I can see and the page still has a contest up that ended last October for an anthology. Their twitter is active but it seems to be almost entirely advertisement looking for submissions.

I like their homepage but the lack of published work or mention of anything in progress (other than what's been there since last year) makes me anxious. So, I thought I'd throw it out to the community. Has anyone here had any interactions with them?

http://apocalypsepress.com/

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Might I ask what you like about their homepage? What I see is poorly edited and formatted.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I suppose I like something about its asthetics. Enough that I ended up keeping an eye on it but, obviously, not enough not to see some glaring red lights. It left me curious though so I decided to toss it out to the community and see if anyone's actually had any contact with them. Seems not. haha

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Unless I missed something they have not published anything yet.
    Emily Veinglory

figuring it all out
    I think they're gone now lol

Their Anthology open call ended over a year ago...
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No activity since '14, and principal is busy with film projects.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: