AWers on Pinterest?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I'm interested in signing up for Pinterest to store images related to my books and stories, but I'm curious about how one is identified there. If I sign up with an email address that is my real name, for ex, but I use a pen name for my Erotic Romances, would those get co-mingled? Would I sign up as different people to keep my "identities" separate?

BeeGem

The one with the gemstone eyes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in signing up for Pinterest to store images related to my books and stories, but I'm curious about how one is identified there. If I sign up with an email address that is my real name, for ex, but I use a pen name for my Erotic Romances, would those get co-mingled? Would I sign up as different people to keep my "identities" separate?

When you sign up, they ask you for your name and email address. The name you put in is what goes on your profile, and the email becomes your user name. For example is your email is toffeepop12@gmail your username would be pinterest.com/toffeepop12. Once you've signed up, you can go into your profile and change these things, as well as your privacy and notification settings. So you set the name and username to what you want displayed.

You can have secret boards, so if you wanted to have one account you could, for example, have your account as your pen name and your personal stuff all on secret boards for your eyes only, or vice-versa. Or if you want to share personal and pen name stuff but don't want them mixed, you could have two accounts. That's allowed, you just need to have a different email for each one. :)

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
BeeGem, I really appreciate the easy-to-follow explanation. I don't want there to be any co-mingling of my real name, which I'm reserving for my more mainstream historical romance, and the pen name I'm using for my erotic romances...not yet anyway. ;) I'll stick with the 2 email addresses method for now. Thanks so much!