All Hail Steam! All hail the Steam Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
:flag: That is funny stuff. how do you find those groups?

Luck of the draw? :Shrug: I usually try to get in the first wave of the day right after noon EST, when the day rolls over. Seems like the most fervent players are up then.

I started playing Rogue Legacy last night. I'm terrible at it, but man, it's addictive.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm enjoying PoE, although a bug relating to save files is annoying me, and I wish they had had a competent editor to look over the game text.

I made the mistake of searching to see if there were romances in the game, as Eder is very sweet. This led me to the Steam community boards, and contempt, ahoy.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Luck of the draw? :Shrug: I usually try to get in the first wave of the day right after noon EST, when the day rolls over. Seems like the most fervent players are up then.

I started playing Rogue Legacy last night. I'm terrible at it, but man, it's addictive.
That seemed to work- I'm doing a lot better tonight. I just need an auto clicker because my hand is cramping up and I haven't even been playing all that much- just coming back every now and again and fighting the odd boss.

Last edited:

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
So Steam didn't end up stealing TOO much of my money. I got a few things like Dishonored, which I hadn't played but liked the look of the trailer for number 2. I also got Fallout New Vegas. The Fallout 4 trailer had done absolutely nothing for me, so I figured you had to already be a fan of the franchise. A friend who is very familiar with my taste in games was convinced I'd like the series though, so I thought if it came up for sale, I'd get one to try.

(I also treated myself to a PS4 while there was a sale for those. I haven't had a console for ages, and I missed having one. Then the next day my housemate told me he was moving out as soon as he could. Oops. Oh well. I will have to back on an extreme budget with a PS4 to keep me company :p)

I had a look at the monster game thing once, saw it was with other people, and decided I really didn't want to deal with people.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm enjoying PoE, although a bug relating to save files is annoying me, and I wish they had had a competent editor to look over the game text.

I made the mistake of searching to see if there were romances in the game, as Eder is very sweet. This led me to the Steam community boards, and contempt, ahoy.

I don't want to know...but I want to know, what was the community like?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
It felt like the inverse of the AW community in terms of the numbers of posters with open-minded, live-and-let-live attitudes to what people would like to see in games, and the level of hostility displayed to those with different viewpoints. There were a couple of voices in the threads I looked at who held their ground with polite good cheer, and I'd like to see them here.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
So sad to see the sale winding down.
I got away almost unscathed. I bought how to survive and one of the Tom Clancy games, and I may get one or two more before it all shuts down. I'm looking at the Serious Sam fan remake- it's just over a dollar, so why not.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Did... did anybody else know you can share your Steam games with friends when they're installed on the same computer? Like, my husband wanted to play a Fallout. He does not have any. I have 3 and New Vegas. So we logged me onto his computer and noticed "Hey, you don't have Killing Floor. Why's it on your list?" Must be because he's got it installed. So we install Fallout:NV and, to test, switch accounts. Sure enough, the newly installed Fallout shows up on his. When he goes to play it, it says [TAM's account] must give you permission to play games she owns. We have emailed [TAM's account]." Grant permission through my email and Mr. M's off and away playing Fallout: New Vegas entirely on his own account despite my account being the one who owns it.

HOW DID WE NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?! Now I can play all the single player games he owns that I want but didn't want to buy a second copy of, and vice versa!! I feel like this is an under-advertised feature.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hide your wallets, folks, the Winter Sale starts tomorrow! If they follow through with the setup they used for the fall sale, then the deals we'll see tomorrow will be the deals we'll get throughout the sale. No daily deals or flash sales to track, just one price from start to finish. I don't know if there will be any game associated with it yet like there were for summer, but the collectible cards for the badge have been on the Badge page for a week now, just waiting for the sale to begin.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, they've got a comic for this one. Releasing in 3 page snippets per day, apparently.

NORTHPOLE NOIR with Gingerbread Jake. Pretty awesome. :D

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I've got hundreds of steambux made through the market, with nowhere to go but into more games. Unfortunately, my HD is full. I really should get around to playing through every COD, Crysis, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Hitman, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Civilisation, GTA, Public Utility Manager, and Magic Descending Bean Sprite Saga game ever produced so I can delete them and free up some room.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Why is Steam soo mean to my wallet?! XD It was another sale some days ago, and I got Cities Skylines.

Oh, gosh, I'm terrible at making streets in any citybuilding game work, lol. XD

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
Because Steam likes money and they know how to get it.

Speaking of, the Steam Summer Sale will be starting on June 23rd and running through July 4th. Hide your wallet.

ACK, Steam, no! I gotta save monies! *hides wallet*

Oh, man, it doesn't help me that GOG.com (for retro and indie games) and Big Fish Games (my fav store for mostly casual Hidden Object and Time management games) also have sales, too! >_<;;

Must. Have. Self-control. (I'm a shopaholic, lol.)

Latina Bunny

Registered
Reaction score
ACK, there were soooo many good games with sales! :-0

Man, too bad I have already shopped on Big Fish games by then. XD

(Plus, was shopping for tons of baking supplies. Who knew one needed so many ingredients and materials to bake and decorate a handful of cakes, lol? Also bought some cake decorating classes. My poor wallet.... :p )

One PC game I am interested in getting in the far future is Planet Coaster. It looked really, really good! :D I hope my computer can handle it...

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
A few friends gave the Mr and me some Steam gift cards for Christmas, so I was able to stock up on a BUNCH of games I've had my eye on, including Owlboy and a few classic point & clickers.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I like Steam, but I try to buy from GoG when possible to help prevent the monopoly and keep my collection in more than 1 place, especially since GoG games are almost always available to play with no internet connection.
Been loving the Steam Controller though (did you know FFXI has Steam Controller support? I did not expect that). It's not an Xbox controller, but it's much more powerful once you learn how to tweak it to suit your needs.

RonMF

Registered
Reaction score
Steam rocks. My only worry is: what happens if Steam/Valve ever collapse? Are all my games gone?

That being said, has anyone ever bought from g2a.com? I bought ESO there CHEAP, and a bunch of my friends have gotten similar deals from them too on other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.