• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What is the name of your MC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Current WIP—Futuristic YA, light(-ish) SF, 1st person . . . so close to "Ta-Da, The End" that I should be there and not here.

MC: Graesa Legare

Secondaries (brothers): Lornick (Lorn) and Jarsh Drayton.

K.S. Crooks

Registered
Reaction score
Kendra, Wyatt, Garrick and Naomi are my four MCs. They are members of separate Guilds, so they have different powers.

Lilly

Registered
Reaction score
Space opera: Duke Rocket, artificial starship captain

Animad345

Registered
Reaction score
There are three protagonists: Ebony 'Ebbie' Winters, Azure 'Zuri' Pace and Nora 'No' Winters.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
For a historical fantasy: Imry Tayzu, Captain of the Prince of Amiels' Horse Guards, and his wife Sulie senSamand, Countess of Ravizy.

Loverofwords

Registered
Reaction score
Will.

When I first started writing the book, I didn't think there were too many novels with that name. But, now that I've read more books and watch a lot of TV, I realize there are a lot of Will's. I don't mind, though, because the name suits him.

BusyHoneyBee

Registered
Reaction score
For my 4 current largest WIP's: Justin, Mika, Valerie and Robin, in order of creation. Although I feel bad that Robin is the only one who's gotten any attention in a long time ^^;

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
YA space opera - Jessia Foxwell

Born of a typo while emailing someone named Jessica. Then given the first last name that said "cartoonish action hero" that popped into my head.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Nice names, you guys!

Let's see:
  • Soulless: Sammy Tucker, aka Tuck the Fuck; and Eric Chance.
  • Cherry: David Brandt and Steve McGuire, aka Cherry, but only when he's in "working mode."
  • Effin' Albert: Albert and Michael Sparks; and William Knowles, aka Jerkface.
  • Twink: Michael Taylor and Kione Bone.
  • My Friend Mike: Beth Sanders, and her good buddy Mike
  • Gingersnap: Mary Allen, aka Ginger; Daniel Simmons and Brian Sachs; and Brian Saxony, aka Edward Savage.

:)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
For the vampire novel I started two years ago and has been on hiatus since last October, there are three characters whose POVs we follow: Jennie DeBolt (actual name I borrowed from a late 1800's headstone in our local cemetery), Mildred "Millie" Burgess, and Josef Reichardt, the vampire baddie. The story takes place in my hometown in 1923.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
WIP 1 (M/M Contemporary Fantasy): merboy Eli and female mermaid cousin, Jordan. LI is Camael, and LI's brother is Raziel. (They're angel/demon hybrids with angelic names). Eli sometimes calls Camael, "Caramel", lol.

WIP 2 (F/M in same universe): [Unknown first name] Quintana. Yeah, I still don't know her first name. I was thinking Ella or something similar, but her last name was definitely Quintana. Ray is the friend, maybe potential LI.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Mine has two MC's - Sheldon Dean Baylor, aka Shel, and his husband, John Kilburne, who everyone calls John-John. Only in dialogue, though.

I'm not sure if it's horror or SF, though. No spaceships or anything, but there's some nasty, mad-scientist kind of stuff. None of which is being done by John or Shel.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Book #1 (YA Paranormal) -- Charlene and Renee (modern US names)

Book #2 (Dark Fantasy) -- Iruka and Uriah (traditional African names, though Uriah is a Hebrew name)

Book #3 (Dark Fantasy) -- Sabra (traditional Hebrew/Aramaic names)

Last edited:

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Detective Paul Chasen and his ill advised love interest, the divorcee, Mary Holt.

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
First WIP: Oscar, Donovan, Harvey
Second WIP: Daario, Cassandra, Callister

krinaphobia

Registered
Reaction score
Kyrenia Jitan. Her mother was obsessed with ships and named her after the ancient boat that was dug out of Kyrenia Harbor on Crete. She mostly goes by Nia. I'm a sucker for peculiar naming schemes, so Nia's brothers are named Tamar (definitely a girl's name) and Ariel (usually a girl's name) after other ships. Their parents were a little sadistic in naming them, I guess XD

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
Iliadan.

And yes, for those who once played Warcraft, it's related to Illidan Stormrage (oh, I'm so original...)

MarlynnOfMany

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maralynnjohnstone.com
Current book: Hesperus.

I chose it because it sounded similar to the placeholder name from when I first made up the character, then I looked up other uses of the name and found out it's weirdly perfect.

Next book: Hubcap.

He's a robot, of the snarky and egotistical kind, whose original name was the "kind of stupid that only a human could come up with." So he renamed himself after something that he nearly got recycled into, when robot civil rights were a hot-button issue.

They're both a lot of fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.