Putting Your Scripts on the Net

Ron Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
what are people's thoughts, re the subject?
i've got scripts that are now reaching their decade anniversary (scary how fast time flies) and there's been no takers at all from the pimping/pitching. i've been wondering about uploading them; either as general enjoyment for others, or maybe just to get my name and capabilities known. the issue i have though, is if someone actually likes a script, does the fact its available on the net effect its marketability? obviously a script with a twist etc would probably be impacted as anyone could read it and spoil it.
and yes, i know being "discovered" like this is remote, but i'm looking at 7 or 8 scripts gathering cyberdust and thinking, "why not?"

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone sees them and likes them, chances are they'll just use the idea to write their own script. "Why not" is usually because you need to assume that something you can't attract agents with is not very good, and the last thing you want on the net is writing that isn't great. This lets you get discovered in the wrong way.

If you don't think these scripts are worth more submissions, throw them away, or stash them in an obscure folder, and write a new one.

Gateway

You Are My Density
Registered
Reaction score
It's been done and gotten the writer work.

Lazarene

Earthworm Jim in training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lazarene.com
Places like Stage 32 and Script Boutique seem to be good places to post your script. I've only just started in the past couple of weeks but am slowly getting some attention.