• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Packager] Global PSD

ironmike

Registered
Reaction score
I just received an unsolicitated request for one of my scripts.

Has anyone heard of Adrianne Casey with Global PSD?

Thanks Iron Mike

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
This Global PSD?

If so, it looks like a printer/packager/book manufacturer. Not a publisher, and I can't see that it has anything to do with the film industry.

Unless they're based on published or produced work, unsolicited requests for manuscripts or scripts should be viewed with suspicion.

- Victoria

AdrianneCasey

Yes Ms. Casey is the Sales Manager of Global PSD but...

I am also President of ADRE, which is a film production company. I contacted Iron Mike because I felt that the story line of his script was worth reading.

Many Thanks,

Adrianne

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
People who don't know what they're doing are forever declaring themselves to be publishers. Why shouldn't they declare themselves moviemakers as well?

AdrianneCasey

Hmmm That's Interesting

Well since were on the publishing topic, (I don't believe that I was trying to highlight that particular capability) but since you chose to bring that up, please view my publishing arm: www.channelphotographics.com and note that one of my ongoing successful publishing efforts is David LaChapelle, heard of him?

www.globalpsd.com is the mother-company for our publishing concerns and with any due diligence you would have discovered this link in the development section.

Why do people make movies or act? It's not about a reason; it's about passion, blind, irrational and life-sustaining!

Last edited:

HapiSofi

Registered
Reaction score
Blind irrational passion is just what I'd look for in someone who was handling my work, you betcha.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
AdrianneCasey said:
Why do people make movies or act? It's not about reason; it's about passion, blind, irrational and life-sustaining!
Representing someone doing those things, on the other hand, takes experience, knowledge, business sense, and connections. Which you haven't demonstrated.

AdrianneCasey

You just keep telling yourself that.

I do wish you all much success, in all your endeavors.

HapiSofi

Registered
Reaction score
AdrianneCasey said:
I do wish you all much success, in all your endeavors.
Why, the same to you, three times over.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not finding further mention of ADRE. Looks like Ms. Casey's current side project is real estate broker.

Crzywritergrl

The Devil is a selfish twit
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had dealings with Global? My sister just got a contract with them on one of her children's books and we want to make sure that they are legit. The last anyone posted was two years ago.