AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Packager] Global PSD

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Smile [Packager] Global PSD

I just received an unsolicitated request for one of my scripts.

Has anyone heard of Adrianne Casey with Global PSD?

Thanks Iron Mike

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    This Global PSD?

If so, it looks like a printer/packager/book manufacturer. Not a publisher, and I can't see that it has anything to do with the film industry.

Unless they're based on published or produced work, unsolicited requests for manuscripts or scripts should be viewed with suspicion.

- Victoria

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Ms. Casey is Sales Manager with Global PSD.

http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/App/P...24&appname=288

I can't fathom why she/Global would contact an individual about a script, since they contract with publishers/producers, not writers.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

AdrianneCasey

Yes Ms. Casey is the Sales Manager of Global PSD but...

I am also President of ADRE, which is a film production company. I contacted Iron Mike because I felt that the story line of his script was worth reading.

Many Thanks,

Adrianne

Hagiographically Advantaged AW Moderator HapiSofi's Avatar
    People who don't know what they're doing are forever declaring themselves to be publishers. Why shouldn't they declare themselves moviemakers as well?
    Winner of the Best Drycleaner on the Block Award.

AdrianneCasey

Hmmm That's Interesting

Well since were on the publishing topic, (I don't believe that I was trying to highlight that particular capability) but since you chose to bring that up, please view my publishing arm: www.channelphotographics.com and note that one of my ongoing successful publishing efforts is David LaChapelle, heard of him?

www.globalpsd.com is the mother-company for our publishing concerns and with any due diligence you would have discovered this link in the development section.

Why do people make movies or act? It's not about a reason; it's about passion, blind, irrational and life-sustaining!
    Last edited by AdrianneCasey; 04-20-2006 at 08:14 PM.

Blind irrational passion is just what I'd look for in someone who was handling my work, you betcha.

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianneCasey
    Why do people make movies or act? It's not about reason; it's about passion, blind, irrational and life-sustaining!
    Representing someone doing those things, on the other hand, takes experience, knowledge, business sense, and connections. Which you haven't demonstrated.
    Winner of Uncle Jim's Whoo Hoo Super Writer Award and Nomad's Most Use of Vowels in a Screen Name Award as well as Maryn's Only Person on AW Whose Name Anagrams to "I, Octane," "Act I (One)" and "Nice tao" Award in addition to batgirl's Culpeper Award for Botanically Erudite Screen Name plus awatkins' AW's Most Creative Srounger [sic] of Rep Points Award not to mention azbikergirl's Arizona Most Awarded Writer Award and also Dawno's Most Interesting Signature Line Award

AdrianneCasey

You just keep telling yourself that.

I do wish you all much success, in all your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianneCasey
    I do wish you all much success, in all your endeavors.
    Why, the same to you, three times over.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I'm not finding further mention of ADRE. Looks like Ms. Casey's current side project is real estate broker.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

The Devil is a selfish twit Crzywritergrl's Avatar
    Has anyone had dealings with Global? My sister just got a contract with them on one of her children's books and we want to make sure that they are legit. The last anyone posted was two years ago.