and we have a triple crown

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was happy for Baffert and Espinoza. This was Baffert's 4th chance and Espinoza's 3rd.

MM

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Well done American Pharaoh. Last year there was a fair buildup down here for California Chrome's attempt. I hadn't seen anything this year, but that could be me not looking in the right places rather than it not being covered. Sounds like he won the Belmont brilliantly.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
There wasn't much build up here, either. I think after California Chrome last year, American Pharaoh got to fly a little lower on the radar. Don't know if it would have mattered. Just watching him run one can see he's a bit different. More relaxed in his gait or something. I can't really put my finger on it but he never looks like he's really pressing.

I'm happy for all involved, and for horse racing in general. My father-in-law was the longest tenured Clerk of Scales (the guy who weighs the jockeys in and out) in the country when he retired a few years ago, but unfortunately he passed away a week and a few days ago and didn't get to see the Triple Crown drought end. The family all came together to watch the race in his honor, and we were all kind of hoping he had a close up and personal view, maybe even from behind Victor Espinoza. :)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I hope the horse gets a lot of apples and carrots!;)

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Espinoza is the oldest jockey to win the Triple, he turned 43 a couple of weeks ago. And Baffert is an AZ boy, who went to my school, the University of Arizona.

MM