Hello from France !

StarryNight95

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody ! I am a 19-years-old girl living, in France. I just ended my Junior year of college where I hope to have my degrees in Art History and English. I am a big book buff and movie buff :) My favorite authors are Jules Verne, Maurice Leblanc, Joseph Conrad, Tennessee Williams, William Shakespeare and Alfred de Musset. My favorite actors ever are Jeremy Renner, Martin Sheen and Tony Curtis. And my favorite painter ever is Vincent Van Gogh which is why I choose the name of StarryNight on this forum after one of his most famous and very beautiful painting. I am currently writing a novel set in the USA during the 1970's with a Vietnam War substory. I hope I made a good presentation :)
Thanks for having read me, have a great day and best wishes ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

StarryNight95

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcome greetings, guys, much appreciated !! :D

Last edited:

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome,have fun and tell France we all said hello too.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Bonjour, StarryNight, welcome to AW. I spent three years in Poitiers, and made it to Paris several times. Loved France. If you need any help on the Vietnam aspect, give me a shout. I'm a Vietnam veteran. Might be able to help you. But it's been 45 years since I was there. My mind may not be as sharp as it once was.

StarryNight95

Registered
Reaction score
Merci, Tom Jonhson ! Oh, that's cool, I sure do love living in Paris, it's a really beautiful city and it has so many great museums and great places to go to :) Sometimes I think about going to live abroad but should I ever do so one day, I am sure going to miss here ;) Oh thanks a lot about your help on the Vietnam War, I sure may need it if you don't mind of course, since I wouldn't want to bring bad memories to you. I do have some troubles with it since the only background on it I have is from a class I had in my American Civilization class (but I only studied the main political events and really not the soldiers situation in Vietnam) and some movies I watched but I'm not quite sure they are truly very accurate. In the book I am starting to write, my hero as just came back from the Vietnam War (so the novel is set in the early 1970's, I think) but then there will be flash-backs on it during the novel, I want the war to be sort of present throughout the novel^^

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
I will be glad to help in any way possible. You can always find me on the Internet, on my FB Page or Blog, or private message me. My novel, COLD WAR HEROES is set in Poitiers, France during the 1960s, and will give you some ideas about American soldiers in France during that period. Your English is wonderful. My French is awful. So we will rely on your English, and not my French (lol).
Tom

Booklover199

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I am new here too! I hope your enjoying France! I have always wanted to visit there. We have the same favourite authors! :)

StarryNight95

Registered
Reaction score
i
I will be glad to help in any way possible. You can always find me on the Internet, on my FB Page or Blog, or private message me. My novel, COLD WAR HEROES is set in Poitiers, France during the 1960s, and will give you some ideas about American soldiers in France during that period. Your English is wonderful. My French is awful. So we will rely on your English, and not my French (lol).
Tom

Oh thank you a lot, that would be really nice ! :D I wouldn't want to take too much of your time, since I have stopped writing two novels before this one because of big writing blocks, but I don't think that would be the case with this one^^ So I don't say no should I need some help :) Oh, I'm going to take a good look at it, then, it could help me. Oh thank you for the compliment, to be fair I really improved my english first by looking at movies and TV series, with the english subtitles and not so much with my english lessons ahah :D

Last edited:

StarryNight95

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I am new here too! I hope your enjoying France! I have always wanted to visit there. We have the same favourite authors! :)

Oh thank you, Booklover199 and welcome to you too then !! :D Oh yes, I really like living down here, if you do have the chance sometimes don't hesitate to come here, because Paris is really a beautiful city :) Oh that is real cool ! :D

StarryNight95

Registered
Reaction score
Oh thank you, JeanneE :) For the moment, my novel is still at its beginning. But I have written down a long synopsis of the story and I started to write down some parts of the story I had more inspiration for^^