Publishing a collection of short stories

Morgaen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :)

I need some advice please. I'm thinking of publishing a collection of erotic short stories centering around two main characters. The stories will be independent of each other but there will be a connecting thread through the two characters but it wont follow a specific story line.

Is that plausible and how would one go about publishing something like that. Also, how many short stories would need to be in the collection.

Cheers
Christo

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
In what manner are you aiming to publish them? Small press, large press, self? Generally the publishers guidelines will say if they accept collections and what their overall length requirements are.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I think if you're self-publishing, you have a fair amount of flexibility in how you decide to put the stories out, and whether you publish them as a collection or as individual stories in a series. With a collection, I think the main thing is that a lot of readers will prefer it if there's a common theme or type of pairing. If you're writing stories about one couple, I don't think that will be an issue.

AdamArotti

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea, whether the stories involve a single couple, or a single sub-genre (e.g. stories from the Mile High Club). I would do a bit of research and look at some of the other compilations that have been published, look at how well they have done, and get an idea for how many pages and stories they include. That should give you some kind of an idea.