Fallout 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not crying. You're crying.

*starts scrimping and saving for a next gen console and the collector's edition*

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
FINALLY A REASON TO BUY THE PS4

*STARTS SAVING MONEY*

I'M NOT SCREAMING, YOU'RE SCREAMING!

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
...no, I'm not kidding, I've run into ZERO bugs despite playing New Vegas for 400+ hours. Same with 100+ hours on Alpha Protocol!
Not even a bloatfly?

I'll probably need a new computer for this. *sigh*

No playing an FPS game on a console, that's just weird...

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
No mention of a PS3 version? Bad Bethesda! Very bad! *glues the old piggybank* Bad!

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Let's not get into console vs pc BS here. Let us bask in Atom's glow, for we are all his children.

And celebrate that Bethesda is finally using a new engine. RIP Gamebryo.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Wait a minute.

The character.

It talked.

The main character talked.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Oh, it looks so awesome. Beautiful use of current gen rendering without losing that old Fallout flavor.

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

Is it here yet?

Is it here yet?

Is it here yet?

No mention of a PS3 version? Bad Bethesda! Very bad! *glues the old piggybank* Bad!

Yeah, I had heard it was going to be current gen only -- thus the preemptive purchase of an Xbox One earlier this year.

Is it here yet?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Let's not get into console vs pc BS here. Let us bask in Atom's glow, for we are all his children.

And celebrate that Bethesda is finally using a new engine. RIP Gamebryo.

Are you sure? It looks a lot like Gamebryo. Has there been any confirmation that it's not?!

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Looks a lot like Bioshock Infinite. That's good. Voicing the MC... maybe they took a page from The Last of Us? One of the most lauded games of its generation, they probably couldn't afford not to.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Looks a lot like Bioshock Infinite.

Maybe. Looks more to me like they're honoring the lurid palettes and style of 1 and 2. (Which I realize most people haven't played and find it difficult to go back to because the isometric turn based play. )

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe. Looks more to me like they're honoring the lurid palettes and style of 1 and 2. (Which I realize most people haven't played and find it difficult to go back to because the isometric turn based play. )

I don't know, my main problem with Fallout 1 and 2 is how easy it is to get locked into a no-win state because you build your character "wrong."

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
There is that too. But once you realize, you're already way past the barrier to entry.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
tumblr_npdmlxH5aj1qh98kvo1_500.png

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, that does make me ask a question.

...the fuck was that power armor just doing out in a gas station? Power armor is valuable shit!

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
My spousal unit said the same thing, Zoom. Then proceeded to pause the trailer and point out all the different power armors that armor was cobbled out of.

Which means: extreme armor customization a la jury rigging?

Man, the 14th can't get here soon enough. So many things I need to know!

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
The armor looked cobbled together, and in the background were weapons *parts,* so we may have some truly amazing customization options.

On the other hand, there have long been rumors that we wouldn't have the option of playing a woman in 4, and some are saying the fact that the MC spoke in the trailer suggests the same - it's a man's voice, after all. It's possible that they had multiple voice actors or allow the sound to be tweaked, but I'm a little concerned that won't be the case.

Regardless, the Fallout games have treated race and sex as largely irrelevant, and I appreciate that. And I can do the same. I made male characters in my last 3 run-throughs, so if playing a male character turns out to be important for plot reasons, I'll understand.

I love the color in the new game, and the amount of detail. All those trees! Curtains blowing in the wind! I just hope the gameplay remains essentially unchanged.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
My questions after watching that trailer is:

A) Is there going to be Brotherhood of Steel in it? (Not too good) The FO3 BoS were a bunch of Messianic Mary Sue's, instead of the racist and belligerent technology hoarding organisation of yore.
B) Is the going to be Enclave in it - the flying machine there is an Enclave one! (Bad, because, basically, I blew that shit up! Twice!) I first blew up President Eden by convincing it to suicide, and then I blew up an entire Enclave base. And Enclave was a cartoony evil in FO3, rather than the racist technology hoarders looking to purify humanity again.
C) Is the avatar voiced? Does this mean he's named? Does this mean he won't be a blank slate? Are they going Geralt on us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.