Fallout 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
Holy stimpacks! Todd Howard just announced that mods are going to be available on the XBone. Guess I need to change my pre order.

This is not a drill. Mods on a console.

I'm thepicpic and this is my favourite post on AW.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Holy stimpacks! Todd Howard just announced that mods are going to be available on the XBone. Guess I need to change my pre order.

This is not a drill. Mods on a console.

Our plan was PC plus Steam Link. I pre-ordered on PC. Now I am reconsidering... Uh-oh. Hello xBone, how are you doing?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
It's not the same engine they previously used for Fallout (Gamebryo), it's apparently a modified version of the Creation engine which is what I believe they used for Skyrim.

Yes, but Creation itself is an updated, modified, improved version of Gamebryo from what I understand? And it was first used for Skyrim and now they updated it again for Fallout 4. But essentially it's build upon their old engine. (Not that that is a bad thing.)

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I had to switch to XBone for the impending backwards compatibility. (Haven't seen the Sony news yet, shhh. ) Mods were what sent me over.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but Creation itself is an updated, modified, improved version of Gamebryo from what I understand? And it was first used for Skyrim and now they updated it again for Fallout 4. But essentially it's build upon their old engine. (Not that that is a bad thing.)

I was under the impression that Creation was a completely different engine. But as long as it works...

It appears we will be getting both a PC version and an Xbox version, so we don't have to fight over who gets to play and end up getting divorced. I kind of want the Pip-Boy edition but somehow I doubt that thing will fit me. (They're probably already sold out anyway.)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I feel like I must be the only one in the world who's just :Shrug: about the Pip-Boy edition. But then I don't have a smart phone or interest in upgrading to one. I just want the game.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the new engine improves some of the stickiness that Fallout 3/New Vegas had in regards to gunplay. Wouldn't it be nice to have automatic weapons that can hit the broad side of a barn fifty feet from you, or be able to fire semi-automatic weapons semi-automatically without worrying about the animations hitching up. (But really, if they can make guns not recoil before they actually fire, I'll be happy.)

And to be honest, I'm not too eager on the whole dog or base-building gameplay at all. I really did not care for Dogmeat or Rex (Shadow 4 life), and I have no desire to spend time scraping up junk from the wasteland to stick a bunch of people in a hovel together when I could be exploring the city and ruins while shooting things in the face.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Holy Jesus Christ on a bicycle. They really went all out.

Apparently mods are coming to the PS4 version as well, just a few months later since the XB1 will be the testing ground. About the dialogue, I don't mind. Previous Fallouts gave like five or six choices on every dialogue and half of them netted the same results. As long as the spoken lines are good, I don't mind.

Why is nobody talking about the li'l Fallout Shelter game? it looks neat! And it's free! And it's coming for Android too!

Oh dear, I need to lie down.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I feel like I must be the only one in the world who's just :Shrug: about the Pip-Boy edition. But then I don't have a smart phone or interest in upgrading to one. I just want the game.
As part of my costume for next year's Comic Con, I was already working on a design for a Pip-Boy that would use my iPhone.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Why is nobody talking about the li'l Fallout Shelter game? it looks neat! And it's free! And it's coming for Android too!

Because it hasn't come to Android yet. ;)

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score

Not the only one. I don't and there might be, what, three others somewhere in the world?

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Bethesda tweeted that it would be out in a few months, "hopefully." So it'll probably be a joint release with Fallout 4 itself. *grumble*

Hahaha, sorry, couldn't resist.

But no, seriously, it's something you can look forward to if you like to torture tiny people ;) or make them happy.

Happy, probably. I'm just too nice. I can't even get myself to blow up Megaton.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Three more days! That's like, the longest wait ever

Status
Not open for further replies.