Does anyone lift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngcaptainL

Registered
Reaction score
I definitely try to hit the gym here and there! A little tough as I just recently went through some back problems which sidelined me for a few months. Trying to get back into it!

insolentlad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
insolentlad.com
Though this thread seems long neglected I could see no point in starting a new one. I've been lifting/bodybuilding for over forty years, basically since I blew my knee out in my twenties and had to give up boxing! Still work out most days and (not bragging, mind you...okay, maybe a little) still look better than most guys half my age. Although I dropped a lot of bulk as I got older.

Anyway, I actually got my start as a writer (one that made money!) turning out articles for fitness and bodybuilding magazines back in the 80s and 90s. Most of them defunct titles now, though I did get stuff published by MuscleMag International. I largely count that as my apprenticeship, learning how to write economically and to the point, before I turned to fiction. I occasionally think of pulling some of that old material together for a book but I have far more interesting projects to keep me from it.

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
Although I don't lift, I do bootcamp once a week -- lots of squats and crunches, and also press-ups which I'm rubbish at. Today we added weights to our usual "shadow sparring" routine (punches and kicks in the air, basically). Funny how weights slow you down! I enjoyed it.

I couldn't lift a feather a year ago, but I'm now strong enough that the coach struggles to find me "boxing" partners that are strong enough to block. ("boxing" in scare quotes, because we're not doing real fights) (yay, I'm gloating a bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.