Jagged Little June - 500 words/day or editing - all genres welcome

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Great pace, green!
i have had two very slow days with my son needing help on college decisions. Looks like he's decided to go back to USC this fall so I'm also planning a trip to LA. Anyone have a nice little room or studio apartment cheap near downtown LA? (Just kidding.) No edits, hopefully tonight.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all

I have been away for a while, without internet access. Though I did take the NetBook and got some writing done!

This morning I had a productive writing session in Starbucks. One and a half chapters done. Word count a little uncertain, since about half of the words were refurbished from earlier draft. There were a fair number of new words as well, though.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well done, everyone! So nice to see words (and poetry, too :)).

I...am failing, I think. Realized I haven't got enough stakes at this point. I have some ideas of what to do to fix it, but there's no way it's happening in two weeks. Maybe if I had a year.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I slacked off by the end of the week, as I've been working on making a real blog. I finally figured out how to do everything I wanted on Wordpress, so now it's up and live, ready to go! I've posted content, built up some followers, linked it to FB and Twitter (I'm far more active on FB than anyone should be). Now I just need to post and build to get ready!

What am I getting ready for? My first published novel, hopefully out this autumn! :) Trying to build the audience before it comes out.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
I've been forgetting to check in.

Part of that is hubby has been off work a lot, and we've been doing fun, summer-type things. So I've been squeezing my writing in when I can. I did manage 4,695 words since the last time I checked in at some point last week. And that brings me to "The End." Of the draft, anyway. Which means I guess I met my goals for the month.

Now if only my agent can sell it!

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
818 words this morning. All new words, too!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Awesome, BfloGal!

:cheers all progress:

Still proofreading. I'm on page 283 of 435 and it's due Friday. I had minor surgery on my back last night and today's an OWIE day with no painkillers. (They come later). I'm starting to wonder if I will finish in time...

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I've been slacking, but I have an excuse. I've been on vacation to Iceland for two weeks! Nevertheless, I did blog my trip every day. Don't know if I did 500 words every day, sometimes more. greendragonartist.net if anyone is interested! I'm currently working on the 'long' version of my trip report, which comes to about 1500 words a day, give or take. I'll post that when I'm all done.

Then back to writing.

Except I did do my first round of edits for Legacy of Hunger as soon as I got back (it was waiting for me) and sent it back to the editor. And I finished my rewrites for Better to Have Loved and resubmitted. (crossing fingers!)