AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [ePub] Silk Words

I want one for Christmas!! VV c.m.n.'s Avatar

[ePub] Silk Words

I searched and couldn't find a thread on this "publisher".

Tonight, I happened upon Silkwords, a subscription based website that hosts interactive romance and erotica stories. They're almost like Choose Your Own Adventure type stories. It looked kinda cool and they take submissions. However, it seems they only accept M/F and M/F/M.

They just started last year, 2014. Does anyone have any experience with the website?

https://www.silkwords.com/

After some further investigation, it seems the site was created by a (current?) Microsoft employee.

Interesting! I once wrote a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure erotica story--but so long ago I bet it'd make me cringe now. Maybe I should dust it off...
    "I've never had to fake sarcasm."

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel (soon to be re-released)
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

Preparing for winter VeryBigBeard's Avatar
    There's a pretty decent market for Interactive Fiction out there. I don't want to say too much more because I don't know that much about the publishing side of IF, but if you search for that phrase you may get more results and more variety of publishers to compare.

I loved Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books when I first started reading and I still write for games, which is the contemporary equivalent. Some new tools like Twine and Ren'Py make it fairly easy to develop text-based games, so it's kind of like hypertext novels are making a comeback. It's somewhat of a different market and readership than book publishing, though.

I want one for Christmas!! VV c.m.n.'s Avatar
    Yeah, I'm totally interested, but I can't find any information on the genres they accept. The website only hosts M/F and M/F/M stories, when I primarily write M/M, etc.

Sick and pale with grief. StoryofWoe's Avatar
    They may answer via Twitter. (twitter.com/Silk_Words) Most recent activity was May 27th, 2015.
    Website (Probably NSFW, depending on how your place of work feels about girl butts and boy nipples. Now with free erotic stories.)
    Instagram (I mostly post pictures of clouds, food, flowers, and furbabies.)
    Twitter

“There are two ways to reach me: by way of kisses or by way of the imagination. But there is a hierarchy: the kisses alone don't work.” ― Anaïs Nin, Henry And June