A Cold War Novel

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Some of you may be too young to remember the Cold War and what life was like in Europe then. Others may be old enough not to be able to forget the hardships and fears.\

In any case, I would like to invite you all to read the first chapter of my novel, Waltzing in the Shadows in the Share Your Works section under Historical.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Hi Sargent, hey I remember the Cold War. I was in France during the period, and went to Fort Bragg during the Cuban Crisis because of it (g). I wrote COLD WAR HEROES several years ago, glad to see someone else writing about the period. If you ever come around to my Blog or FB give me a shout.

TjShortt

Registered
Reaction score
Thank-you for posting this. I am one of the one's slightly too young to remember, but I know we should never forget.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Many of you may be too young to remember or have lived through the Cold War. The big fear of NATO was that an overwhelming force of Warsaw Pact armor would invade Germany through the Fulda Gap and allied forces wouldn't be able to hold them back.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]My latest blog post is an insight into what a Russian tank regiment stationed in East Germany was like and can be read @ http://lvcabbie.blogspot.com[/FONT]

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
I remember in grade school (in Iowa) being taught how to drop under a desk and cover one's head with one's hands when the Reds dropped the Big One.

nrwriter

I like full stops.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nikolai.com.au
I was born in the 1960s and grew up in the USSR, left in the 1990s. Cold War is part of me. Writing a book about it right now, some of it available online. Starts here.

Alan Aspie

Registered
Reaction score
Thank-you for posting this. I am one of the one's slightly too young to remember, but I know we should never forget.

Don't worry. It's coming back to repertoire. This modern version is a bit different. All the old elements are in, but some new special effects take care that there is more action and less dialog.

This new version is often called "Hybrid War" or "Hybrid Influencing" but we know that it is the old manuscript with a bit of thermobaric warming.

Uncle Yuri here tells what is going on. Spoiler warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5It1zarINv0

And Dr. Phil tells you about the new hot cold war. You can start from 1:10. Also spoiler warning. And warning about some brutal pictures. Age limit 18 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...rpLMwgcHcx0LIaNGtEIOWgrp5u5PZTgApKjwzp5syo9hk

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Not old enough to remember the Cold War, but certainly remember East/West Germany and the Berlin Wall. Thanks for linking; will take a look.