New to the forums

Laura S

I hear make-believe people!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all,

I'll keep my intro short and sweet. I'm a cozy mystery writer, wife, mom to kids (grown), dogs, and a cat. I can be irreverent, blunt, goofy, but always mean well. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet another mystery writer.

My sweetie is a huge Murder, She Wrote fan as I guess you are by your Jessica Fletcher clue. She owns all of the old tapes, which is why we have to keep our VHS player. :greenie

:welcome: to the water cooler (regularly checked for poison--several antidotes on hand).

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Laura S

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet another mystery writer.

My sweetie is a huge Murder, She Wrote fan as I guess you are by your Jessica Fletcher clue. She owns all of the old tapes, which is why we have to keep our VHS player. :greenie

That's why I'm here, Chase. To meet other mystery writers. I work from home, and obviously I write from home, so it's nice to hobnob with other writers when at all possible. :)

As for MSW, yes, I'm a huge fan, although if I ever saw Jessica Fletcher in person, I'd run as far and fast as I could. I think murderers follow her. "Ooooo I need to kill someone. Wait, where's Jessica Fletcher? I'll go there and do it." I don't own the series, but I did watch (or in most cases re-watch) every episode on Netfilx. :)

That's how I ended up with the quote. It's from season 8, episode 5: "Lines of Excellence." She said it to someone, and it resonated with me, so I wrote it down.

Last edited:

Laura S

Registered
Reaction score
Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Don't worry. I know I'm posting a lot today, but it is not for me to reach a magic number so I can be critiqued. I'm not here looking for crits. I'm here looking to meet other writers. It's that simple. :)

Poblins

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Laura, fellow newbie and mystery writer here too! Welcome to the site and if you want someone to chat to (or just hold your hand in this scary new place), feel free to say 'Hi!'

Laura S

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Poblins. LOL. Welcome to you, too. :)

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
You will meet people.................................No guarantees are expressed or implied as to the consequences of those meetings.

But please, please don't mention polls around certain people. I will not mention any names, but some people really, really enjoy them, especially when they get bored.

Have fun.

Laura S

Registered
Reaction score
You will meet people.................................No guarantees are expressed or implied as to the consequences of those meetings.

But please, please don't mention polls around certain people. I will not mention any names, but some people really, really enjoy them, especially when they get bored.

Have fun.

No guarantees are expressed or implied from them meeting me, either. LOL. Thanks for the heads up on the "p" word. I'll keep it in mind.