Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I've got Firefox version 37.0.2, and I can't post anything in Firefox. The only field I can type in is the Title field. Nothing happens to my cursor when I click in the area where I'm supposed to type the post. I also can't see the icons for font size and style, etc. And the post area is white instead of light gray. I had to type this in Internet Explorer! :cry:

It looks like there's a version 38 available now, so maybe I will try that...

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I'm not sure what's doing it. I'm able to post from IE, and I was able to post from Firefox elsewhere... And I can post in other sites on Firefox. So it might be some weird setting on this particular computer. I thought it might be my posting settings, but then they work in IE, so why not Firefox? Argh. :)

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on version 37.0.2 also, and no problems. I think it must be something else Anne. But I have no idea what.

MM

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's doing it. I'm able to post from IE, and I was able to post from Firefox elsewhere... And I can post in other sites on Firefox. So it might be some weird setting on this particular computer. I thought it might be my posting settings, but then they work in IE, so why not Firefox? Argh. :)

Problems experienced using one browser but not another may possibly be symptomatic of the cookies issue, which admin is working hard to address.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW--maybe nothing--I'm finding that since the update-upgrade a page has to load completely before I can type into the text box. I have a pokey internet connection some of the time, and in the past I could type replies while the page continued to load. Now I can't. Do you still show the spinning green (or black) symbol indicating the page is loading when you're trying to type?

Maryn, not sure this is an issue for many

KokkieH

Making this up as I go along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kokkieh.blog
I had to type this in Internet Explorer! :cry:

I am so sorry. No one needs to go through that.

It sounds from your description as if the text box doesn't load properly, which could be related to the issue Maryn mentions. Have you tried doing a force-refresh on the page (Ctrl-F5, assuming it's a PC)?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW--maybe nothing--I'm finding that since the update-upgrade a page has to load completely before I can type into the text box. I have a pokey internet connection some of the time, and in the past I could type replies while the page continued to load. Now I can't. Do you still show the spinning green (or black) symbol indicating the page is loading when you're trying to type?

Maryn, not sure this is an issue for many
I also notice with the new AW upgrade, if I try to close an AW window/tab where I've written something in the reply box, a box comes up that says:
This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved
just like Facebook does. I presume the thing loads javascript code that runs for every keystroke you type just so it can trap everything (I'm too lazy to actually look, and I'm not that familiar with these fancy new web languages anyway) and say things like that.

I'm not excusing it, just trying to explain it...

mbuhmann

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marcbuhmann.com
It might be one of three things: cookie issue as someone else mentioned, an incompatible installed extension, or maybe your Firefox profile is broken. Try clearing your complete history, and if that doesn't work then disable extensions and see if that works. If that doesn't try creating a new profile.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.