AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Marketing] AuthorRise

[Marketing] AuthorRise

Something about this site seems suspicious. Anybody want to point out why? From their webpage:

Grow your audience.
    Sell your books.
    Take control of your marketing.

AuthorRise combines simple marketing tools, sophisticated analytics, and proven growth strategies into a simple step-by-step process.
    The business of being an author is hard.

We’re here to help.
    Even though they have three price levels, it's "Free forever when you sign up before May 22nd!"

practical experience, FTW
    It's not a scam. It's a tool for self publishers who are willing to pay somebody else to do social media tracking and book rank tracking so they can spend more time writing.

That said, the free version is essentially useless except for newbies. The "professional" version isn't much better - most self publishers would be up to Prolific in no time.

But it's not scammy as far as I can tell. I see no red flags. (If you have a publisher, THEY should be doing the stuff this site does, ideally, but a lot don't).
    Find my work here: http://www.jenniferrpovey.com/

TRANSPECIAL - Humanity Fired First.
    The Silent Years - when the world ends, how will you survive?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Closed June '16. Was a product of Boost Lab (myboostlab.com), which is also gone.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: