Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Last edited:

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I'm having this odd issue with changing the text color and typing. If I click "Go Advanced" and then change the text color, whenever I hit "backspace," it takes me back to where I changed the text color instead of just deleting the letter. I only have this issue if I change the font color (which I do in QLH). Any ideas how I can fix this from my end? I'm using Chrome in Windows Vista (I know: ugh).

I love the new notification for reps, by the way! And just generally everything seems a little easier, so thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I'm having this odd issue with changing the text color and typing. If I click "Go Advanced" and then change the text color, whenever I hit "backspace," it takes me back to where I changed the text color instead of just deleting the letter. I only have this issue if I change the font color (which I do in QLH). Any ideas how I can fix this from my end? I'm using Chrome in Windows Vista (I know: ugh).

That's an interesting bug... does it only happen in WYSIWYG mode? -- FrontPage used to have a bug sorta like that, where the editor didn't distinguish between tags and text.

I love the new notification for reps, by the way!

There's notification for reps now? I've got a couple since the upgrade and haven't seen any notification. Now I feel deprived. --- AAAAH! the old stick-out-tongue face is gone!! :gaah

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
That's an interesting bug... does it only happen in WYSIWYG mode? -- FrontPage used to have a bug sorta like that, where the editor didn't distinguish between tags and text.

There's notification for reps now? I've got a couple since the upgrade and haven't seen any notification. Now I feel deprived. --- AAAAH! the old stick-out-tongue face is gone!! :gaah

Rez, the rep notifications show up under "notifications" at the top of the page (where PM notifications show up as well).

I'll send you one and see if it works for you.

ETA: It's not a pop-up notification like PMs though.

Last edited:

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, it only happens in WYSIWYG mode. Before the upgrade, WYSIWYG mode didn't work in this browser. Now it does, which is fabulous. Just the backspace thing.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score

I love the new notification for reps, by the way! And just generally everything seems a little easier, so thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen.
I was having this problem in PMs. I believe also occurred when I used a URL code, not just a color code.

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score

I have something similar happening with italics. I don't know if it's exactly the same. When I click "Reply With Quote" to mayqueen's and then I click CTRL+i to go to italics, I type a bit and then the cursor hops way back when I try to turn the italics off. Annoyingly, this persists for a few seconds afterwards, too, so often my next sentence gets all cursor-broken, too. At first I thought it was just a CTRL+i thing but it happens when I use the editor button, too. I love that the hotkeys now work for italics, underlining, etc., but it's like the editor can't remember where the italics are on and off.

Forgive me if this is actually my fault.

Also, huge props on all the upgrade work. It's starting to look really good in here.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
I love that the hotkeys now work for italics, underlining, etc., but it's like the editor can't remember where the italics are on and off.

Huh. CTRL+hotkey for italics, bold, and underlining have always worked for me, in both WYSIWYG and raw editing mode (I usually use the latter).

Rez, the rep notifications show up under "notifications" at the top of the page (where PM notifications show up as well).

I'll send you one and see if it works for you.

ETA: It's not a pop-up notification like PMs though.

Oh! Nope, the first one since upgrade didn't show up there (neither did the submenu), but yours just now did!! Yeah, that's a nice feature.

And a different bug: I clicked multiquote on two messages, then Reply With Quote on a 3rd. Only the first two showed up in the reply-box, which is not how it used to work.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Leaves a casserole dish full of Eggplant Parmesan on the counter* :eggplant

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Found something else to whine about report (feel free to smack me if this has been mentioned). The spell check doesn't seem to work anymore. I no longer get the squiggly red line under typos. Now I can't pretend I gnow how tu spel stuf. I tried all the different editing modes (text box/standard/wysiwyg), but no dice. Thank you, again! :)
Been messing around with this a bit. I was able to turn spell check back on (in Ubuntu/Firefox) by right-clicking in a post-reply box and selecting a dictionary. Now the squiggly red lines are back! :)

*restocks bar and lays chocolate at altar of AW gods* :Hail:

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Last couple of days, whenever I go back to edit a message I just posted (typos-r-us), when I click Save after editing, nothing happens. I wait and wait and then click Save again and still nothing happens. I finally have to click the back button to get out of the screen.

This does not seem to happen when I use the Advanced editor. Only the quick one. Anyone else had this problem? I use IE.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Haven't seen that, but am starting to think there's considerable goofiness somewhere in the javascript.

The editor menu icons still come and go, sometimes literally from one second to the next (here when I click reply-with-quote, gone when the editor box shows up, or v.v.) I've become quite fond of the text menu (especially since I can't tell WHAT half the Advanced menu icons are) and wish it was a feature, not a bug.

Let's try your Save and Save Again scheme on this message and see what happens...

...well, first it saved fine, then my crappy connection glitched and caused Connection Refused, and when it did load it spit me to the Advanced editor, but now I've noticed that when the mouse hovers over the Reply link at the bottom of posts, its arrow disappears (doesn't happen with other stuff). So the stylesheet is goofy too.

ETA: Oh, I see what's happening. It's supposed to make the whole Reply-and-arrow brighten with mouse-hover, but instead it's disappearing the arrow under certain circumstances (which at the moment I can't reproduce, but try clicking Reply first then hovering).

Cue Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, and the divorce court.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I attempt to post using quick reply, sometimes I'm getting a pop-up asking if I want to leave the page. If I do, the post is gone. If I don't, the post never posts, just hangs up. I've learned to copy my post, close the thread, and try again. Usually that works. FWIW, this happens mainly when the connection is slow, which it is at our house far too often. I know the Time Warner guy by his first name.

Maryn, with not enough coffee

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Last couple of days, whenever I go back to edit a message I just posted (typos-r-us), when I click Save after editing, nothing happens. I wait and wait and then click Save again and still nothing happens. I finally have to click the back button to get out of the screen.

This does not seem to happen when I use the Advanced editor. Only the quick one. Anyone else had this problem? I use IE.

i'm having the same issue. i cannot edit a post immediately.
i found that i have to navigate off of the page and then coming back to it before the edit button works.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Yeah, I know that one... the local Qwest tech guy gave me his direct phone number!

Sounds like it's developed a sensitivity to slow response from the browser (which some of us can't help).

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score

I'm not having this issue with Google Chrome. I can't speak to any other browsers, though.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Been messing around with this a bit. I was able to turn spell check back on (in Ubuntu/Firefox) by right-clicking in a post-reply box and selecting a dictionary. Now the squiggly red lines are back! :)

*restocks bar and lays chocolate at altar of AW gods* :Hail:
Hmmm. Spell check wasn't working again this morning. I right clicked and went into the languages menu and saw that I no longer had a dictionary selected. So I re-selected one, and now spell check is working again. It seems to lose the dictionary setting when I turn of my laptop; maybe this is a cookies thing? Not a huge deal, though; just thought I'd mention it in case others are having this issue. Thanks again for all your hard work (and patience)!

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
i'm having the same issue. i cannot edit a post immediately.
i found that i have to navigate off of the page and then coming back to it before the edit button works.

Well, advanced edit works, if you don't want to have to wait and come back later.

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Speaking of of that spellcheck that comes and goes, something here just blew off my sound driver. Second time since the upgrade. (First time was a couple days ago, but I didn't immediately catch it.)

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Wow, I've been away for 2 weeks to hike up mountains... and I came back, thinking I did something wrong :D Looks awesome, thanks for the hard work!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I still need to figure out where to fix the quoted text font size, the reply box font size, and a couple of other things in the overall CSS -- but without breaking something else! :-/

Thank you for your patience, folks. I know we haven't even touched the mobile template, yet, so the folks viewing us exclusively on tablet or phone have been waiting kind of a long time.

Michel_Cayer

Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoy the new look and wish you luck with ironing out all the kinks.

Cookies for everyone! (the sweet and sugary kind and not the computer ones) Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.