Great business cards

Emily Winslow

Do Not Walk on the Grass
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emilywinslow.com
I just had a lovely experience ordering business cards from moo.com

Years ago, I ordered business cards from VistaPrint, which were fine (nothing special), and cheaper per card. But I don't use business cards often, so getting them in large quantity (Vista has a minimum order of 100) doesn't make sense for me.

Moo has lots of freedom in the design, really high-quality result in both paper quality and printing, and allows for a small order of 50 cards. They came in a stylish little box, with dividers for separating "mine" from "theirs." I'm very, very impressed. I felt like I'd received a gift in the mail.

Just wanted to share in case anyone is thinking about cards for themselves.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've looked at the moo.com products myself and admired the designs. Knowing they will do small runs of your cards is definitely a plus. Glad to hear you liked dealing with them.

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
Oooooh, business cards. I admit, it's a minor dream of mine to one day have a reason to make business cards. Thanks for the tip. Their sites looks great!

Emily Winslow

Do Not Walk on the Grass
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emilywinslow.com
Another fun thing they allow is varying designs for the backs of the cards. So, all of your cards are the same on the info side, for example, but the backs can come in several different designs (say, maybe each of your various book covers). It's a neat idea.

Paragraphic, I'm getting them because I'm going to a conference this week. It will just be easier to keep in touch with people. Other than that, using them doesn't come up much! (But it does feel nice to look at them and feel rather professional :)

MarlynnOfMany

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maralynnjohnstone.com
Ooh, promising. I'll have to look into this company. Do you know if they do bookmark-sized business cards? I once took a class from a published writer who had the best bookmarks to advertise her books -- she wrote paranormal romance, and each card had an amusing checklist of what to do if you encounter a werewolf, or think you may have been bitten by a vampire, or suchlike. They were funny and worth hanging onto, and I've always wanted to do something similar. (And since I'll be starting the self-publishing adventure soon, I may get to!)

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I love moo.com! Their cards are a little pricier, but the quality and customer service are top-notch. You can really feel the difference in the card stock.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I love Moo.com as well. I haven't used them to order anything writing related yet, but I use them to order personalised postcards, stationary and cards for work all the time. They're always so prompt and perfect.

<3