Teh Official "AW Will Be Down For Maintenance" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will be helping during the upgrade by playing with yarn.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Beth, the short answer is no, we don't have regular planned maintenance outages built into the schedule. However, when the backup scripts are running, something it bogs things down.

PandaMan

Panda girls are the best!
Registered
Reaction score
I've been curious to know if there are regular downtimes built in. I've noticed lately that I often can't access AW during the mid- to late-morning hours. I get one of those "This page cannot be displayed" errors, although the internet is otherwise fine. My time zone is GMT +1, so that would mean the outtages are occuring in the early morning hours Pacific Time.

From time to time, I have this issue too. I did this morning around 9ish EDT, but that's around 3 in the afternoon for you in Europe. Perhaps the backup scripts run multiple times a day.

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Beth, the short answer is no, we don't have regular planned maintenance outages built into the schedule. However, when the backup scripts are running, something it bogs things down.

That could explain it. Thanks.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
While you wait for the forums to be back up, we suggest you write.
Got a jump on it, Mac:

I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane. I will not go insane not go insane I will go insane not go insane go insane insane insane ins
:tongue

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
From time to time, I have this issue too. I did this morning around 9ish EDT, but that's around 3 in the afternoon for you in Europe. Perhaps the backup scripts run multiple times a day.

I get this quite often as well. Usually earlier. I just wait for it to come back. It's happening more often though. Which I assume is why you're having the upgrade?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
What you can do to help is, just in case, save a copy of your avatar. We expect the have them all lined up properly, but just in case, save your avatar.

Save my avatar?
This will take me from 9 am Saturday, May 9,
to 9 pm, Sunday, May 10, Pacific Time...

but it's okay.
I'll be a (more) different, but better.

:D

*hope cray hasn't read this thread*

Last edited:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
**makes a face like this and flails in impotent dismay**

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While you wait for the forums to be back up, we suggest you write.
ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY. ALL WORK AND NO AW MAKE BENPANCED A DULL BOY.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
Egh, I'm already having withdrawals! Now what site am I going to check every 5 seconds? Facebook? Hell, no!

RobLineberger

Registered
Reaction score
Save my avatar?
This will take me from 9 am Saturday, May 9,
to 9 pm, Sunday, May 10, Pacific Time...

but it's okay.
I'll be a (more) different, but better.

:D

*hope cray hasn't read this thread*

I save Kelly's avatar all the time...

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Damn! Okay, end of complaining. I'll miss you folks. Guess I'll see you on Monday.

I'll help by sighing wistfully and looking at the clock.:e2bummed:
Jack

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I will help by clicking refresh repeatedly to find out if the site is up yet. ;)

I know Ann's kidding, but please don't keep checking.

It'll slow things down.

As soon as it's OK to come back in, we'll announce it far and wide, but there's going to be here-and-gone syndrome as I work on testing, so please please please wait for an announcement.

Thanks for all the good wishes; they do help motivate the hamsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.