• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Heacock Hill Literary Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
An email to me from Catt included this information about Tom Dark's sales. "Regarding our new agent, Tom Dark, no he hasn't had any sales yet, except one which we're not crowing about."

The reason they're not crowing wasn't given.

Repunzel

Registered
Reaction score
Stranger Than Fiction

You know what's weird . . . I mean weirder?

After his multi-page diatribe, since he was outed -- an outing engineered by Dark himself -- we haven't heard word one from MR. TD.

This is great stuff from the viewpoint of a suspense writer. And the freezer comment? Beyond funny.

nokiauser1

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhhh but you can bet.....

Stranger Than Fiction

You know what's weird . . . I mean weirder?

After his multi-page diatribe, since he was outed -- an outing engineered by Dark himself -- we haven't heard word one from MR. TD.

This is great stuff from the viewpoint of a suspense writer. And the freezer comment? Beyond funny.

HE's WATCHIN' !

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
...your point?

If Tom Dark wants people to start take him seriously then I tell him this: put on your big boy pants, grow up, stop asking people to 'fight your battles for you', and sell books to legitimate publishers. If you want to be seen as a literary agent, act like one. Stop wasting your time with all the other useless crap.

nokiauser1

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the "DELETE MEMBERSHIP" radio applet or buttons to activate to let me out and make GO AWAY. But I can't find any. Would someone in the control room push the right button to DELETE ME ?

It's time for me to go Bye bye.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
If you want to leave, then leave. We don't delete memberships.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the "DELETE MEMBERSHIP" radio applet or buttons to activate to let me out and make GO AWAY. But I can't find any. Would someone in the control room push the right button to DELETE ME ?

It's time for me to go Bye bye.

If you don't like it here, just stop coming in. Seems easy enough to me:Shrug:

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Gee, I responded to Catt's email. So far, no reply. Now I'm beginning to wonder if it was really Catt and my response was deleted so Catt wouldn't see it?

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
Surely there must be someone here who lives in their area and can pop in, phone, or heck, what about snail mail?

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
It's now Wednesday and still nothing. Maybe I should divulge some non-specific, vague details which are all I've received to begin with?

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
It's now Wednesday and still nothing. Maybe I should divulge some non-specific, vague details which are all I've received to begin with?

Maybe it was Catt who emailed you, but the head of the agency asked Catt and Tom to stop responding. With her fingers tied she doesn't answer your email.

Since the exchange was "non-specific, vague details" I see no reason to break Catt's trust. I realize that maybe Catt isn't behind the initial email, but we have no way of knowing the truth. If the information in the email doesn't provide any value, why take the chance of breaking further communications with her?

Members and visitors have enough information provided by Tom himself to come to their own conclusions.

Just my 2 cents.

nokiauser1

Banned
Reaction score
heh

I agree too. And we all know how much weight Tburger carries around here. :tongue

Well, I don't know about "around here" but I'll bet I'm usually carrying at least 25 extra lbs wherever I go these days. The FOOD out there SUCKS !! It turns ordinary decent law-abiding men into fat raging psychopaths. Hmmmm... sound familiar ?

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it was Catt who emailed you, but the head of the agency asked Catt and Tom to stop responding. With her fingers tied she doesn't answer your email.

Since the exchange was "non-specific, vague details" I see no reason to break Catt's trust. I realize that maybe Catt isn't behind the initial email, but we have no way of knowing the truth. If the information in the email doesn't provide any value, why take the chance of breaking further communications with her?

Members and visitors have enough information provided by Tom himself to come to their own conclusions.

Just my 2 cents.

Well said, escritoria. You can add my 2 cents to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.