• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Heacock Hill Literary Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realize this thread had been re-opened. :tongue

But yeah, this guy's Tweets are incredibly disturbing. They'd almost be entertaining, too, if it weren't for the fact that their content has been so consistently nasty.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

This is Tom Dark and TWA Tweeting about Ann Crispin's death, on the day:

TomDark9_ann_crispin.png

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. That's a jarring way to learn about her passing.

RIP, Ann. And thank you. My condolences to everyone who knew her.

As far as TD and the Write Agenda are concerned, I'm just so glad I don't have to be any of them. What a toxic mess of cesspools they must have residing in their cores.

Deleted member 42

Is The Write Agenda directly associated with Tom Dark? I commented on Vic's tweet tonight and he jumped all over me. I told him to take his pills.

He's posted on their blog.

He repeats them verbatim—right down to their ridiculous assertion that Mac and I are the same people.

He tweets and they respond.

So yeah, he's a Write Agenda member in good standing.

Note that if you respond to him in any way he'll vilify you, (he loves calling people names, or making inappropriate sexual remarks) and call you a member of the AW "cult."

God knows where Catt LeBaigue is; he's ruining the reputation of her agency.

Last edited by a moderator:

Debeucci

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wesleychu.com
He went racial at me today, referencing Confucius something at my ethnicity.

Yeah, let's all just stop pretending this is a real literary agency that needs to be considered, shall we? Has there been any evidence of one real pro sale or client from this seriously mentally disturbed guy?

saphirablue84

Fighting off ninja plot bunnies
Registered
Reaction score
Wow... Just wow. Even if I didn't find this thread here, I'd at least look at his twitter and see what he's like before querying. Just that one tweet about Ann Crispin's death would've been enough to make me scratch the agency off my list if I had been considering them. If you can act that way about someone dying, how will you act when your client has an issue?

RIP Ann Crispin. :(

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
God knows where Catt LeBaigue is; he's ruining the reputation of her agency.

My thoughts exactly. Does Ms. LeBaigue have any idea whatsoever that this is going on? Or perhaps it's all being done behind her back?

Personally I have a few choice words I'd like to call Tom Dark, but in a very difficult yet well-mannered attempt to censor myself, I'm gonna walk away now...my stomach hurts... :tongue

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Any New Mexico members available to see if she's okay? This can't be happening at her direction. I cannot imagine anyone taking this agency seriously, if this is the caliber of representation it offers.

I notice she has a LinkedIn, but I hesitate even trying to contact her via a LinkedIn message in case Tom commandeers that, as well. :(

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I already had serious doubts about Mr Dark's attitude and ability based on his behaviour in this thread and on Twitter: but that tweet about Ann's death is sickening.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Has there been any evidence of one real pro sale or client from this seriously mentally disturbed guy?

Not that I was able to find. I tracked down a few people who appeared to be clients ... one of whom immediately contacted me to say they were no longer with Dark and asking me to remove any mention of them in association with him. Mostly it looked like he had "sold" a few books to vanity presses or self-publishing operations.

chopper

Steven Poore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stevenpoore.wordpress.com
it does look like that. one of his "closer" friends has previously tweeted a picture of his book on a shelf at an airport. it looks very much like the author has had to put the (sole copy of) the book there himself. i feel kinda sorry for him.

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'm literally laughing my ass off. Found the #AbsoluteWrite hashtag after looking here, and... wow. Someone REALLY has a hard-on, excuse the phrase, for this place. I followed a link to his blog,

tommydark.blogspot.com/2011/09/absolute-shit-literary-scam[DOT]html

{URL edited -- JDM}

And after reading his unsigned, never-name-mentioning letter from a truly grateful writer, who seems to write exaggerated run-on sentences like Mr. Dark, I have come to a conclusion.

This guy is batshit crazy, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
We are not going to give Mr. Dark any Google juice.

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
Lol, you called him Mr.

But seriously. I really don't get people like him, or his cronies, but it pisses me off to see someone be just so... so...so blatantly ignorant. I mean, everywhere I look he's talking about AW or its owners, it moderators, us no-life-having-trolls-that-belong-to-AW, or he's talking about... no, wait, that's about it. Same with his alter-ego, the agenda or something. I mean first off, come on. Who is going to listen to any place that has an agenda? It's in the name people.

Sorry, this is probably off topic. So, I'll say something about this agency after doing some searching.

They don't exist. There are 3-4 different addresses, they've changed names, and the two addresses they DO have are in California and New Mexico. I'm new to all this, but I was told never to get an agent that doesn't live in New York, since that's where all the publishing goes down. That's just my opinions though. Cheers!

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
They don't exist. There are 3-4 different addresses, they've changed names, and the two addresses they DO have are in California and New Mexico. I'm new to all this, but I was told never to get an agent that doesn't live in New York, since that's where all the publishing goes down. That's just my opinions though. Cheers!

No, the agency exists.

http://aaronline.org/Content/Members/MemberPublicProfile.aspx?pageId=596119&memberId=2176949

Membership requirements for associate and full membership in AAR are here, so you can see what Ms. LeBaigue's associate membership means.

You can find legitimate agencies all over the country, even though many of the biggest are indeed located in New York and Los Angeles.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...it pisses me off to see someone be just so... so...so blatantly ignorant. I mean, everywhere I look he's talking about AW or its owners, it moderators, us no-life-having-trolls-that-belong-to-AW, or he's talking about... no, wait, that's about it.

AW exists to give writers a venue to learn from each other, to support each other, to screw around in Office Party, and to protect each other from falling prey to scammers and inept agents and publishers. (Status: CHECK)

Tom Dark, Agent exists to sign writers, to sell their works to advance/royalty paying publishers for the best possible deals, to protect their interests, and to exploit and protect their rights in those works. (Status: FAIL)

Don't worry about Mr. Dark. It's impossible not to laugh at him on occasion, and the cluster-fuck-like comments he makes (most recently those about Ann Crispin). They're vile enough to get a rise out of most of us, but AW's not affected by him. He behaves like a tool. It diminishes his power, if he ever had any.

Really.

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
That completely clueless Twitter post, I'm sorry, I have to--

Really? Really? Just go ahead and broadcast your lack of empathy, lack of grace, of anything resembling social conscience. . .

Some people are just plain incorrectly wired.

R.I.P. Ann Crispin

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
I've apparently joined Tom's so-called "Flying Monkey Club of AW"...

I'm in good company. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.