• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Heacock Hill Literary Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Undiagnosed strokes and/or heart attacks that affect blood flow to the brain often cause sudden changes in personality, usually for the worse. People who never swore in their lives start swearing, others become physically or verbally abusive. And his lack of coherence suggests there's certainly some physiological thing going on.

As we used to say in the ambulance, "He looks sick."

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you read back through this thread, you'll see that his outbursts have been going on for some time. They didn't come on suddenly.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
If you read back through this thread, you'll see that his outbursts have been going on for some time. They didn't come on suddenly.

Yeah. I just read this thread from the beginning (starting before this was posted, lol) and... um.... holy guacamole, batman.

And yes, the tweets about A.C. Crispen are beyond the pale. (Well, many of the tweets were beyond the pale. But this was a whole new level of WTFery.)

And HOW many YEARS has he been on Priceless1's case, because she ONCE pointed out to him that the query he sent to her press wasn't helping the author? This guy just doesn't let go.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
It's all fun and games. But this ought to be off-limits.
HzZbgmItJebzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

He'll keep upping the ante as long as people keep rewarding him with the attention he craves.

Paul Russell

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.PaulRussell.net
I've worked with actors for over thirty years. The next time I encounter a civilian stating actors are crazy, my follow-up will be, "Oh honey... you ain't seen cray-cray until you've read Tom Dark."

His belligerence has be going on for years. How does he remain employed?

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Well, at least on Twitter he can be reported, if he is following anyone affected. Problem is, I don't know if you can report him if he's not following you.

Sick or not, it seems weird that nobody in his immediate circle is reining him in.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least on Twitter he can be reported, if he is following anyone affected. Problem is, I don't know if you can report him if he's not following you.

Sick or not, it seems weird that nobody in his immediate circle is reining him in.

I reported him for spam, and he isn't following me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand...when you report someone for spam, you essentially block them and Twitter gets a little notice that something has been marked as spam. If enough people "report" an account, I believe Twitter takes action.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
I reported him for spam, and he isn't following me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand...when you report someone for spam, you essentially block them and Twitter gets a little notice that something has been marked as spam. If enough people "report" an account, I believe Twitter takes action.

That's my understanding.

msforster

easily startled
Registered
Reaction score
Website
msforster.blogspot.com
Wow. That man's mind is like a carnival funhouse of broken down paranoia and low-budget despair.

I must immediately go send Jim C. Hines a message telling him how awesome he is.

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
I especially like his tweets where he mocks those submitting to him for their writing ability.

What a class act.

TheOneTrueBen

Making it up as I go along...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chancefortunato.com
Great...now he's trolling me on behalf of TWA.

On the one hand, yeah, I must be pissing off the right people. But on the other....one of his tweets to me regarding another person was a little um...creepy. However he did link it back to his own content, so I'm thinking he's going to end up reported for spam.

I really need to learn to stop baiting trolls. I really do. I'd say I can stop any time I want, but that sounds like an addict talking LOL. Ah well, if that is the worst of my failings, maybe I'm not so bad eh?

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
I scanned some of this thread today. I agree with what someone wrote, this fellow is not well.

I hope a member of this fellow's circle intervenes before he goes all Amanda Bynes.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Victoria, those pages are dreadful. That man's not well, and you don't deserve such treatment.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Wow. I think I liked it better when he was going on and on about penis sizes...

(ETA: Which is a very odd thing to say, now that I reread it. Hopefully folks know what I meant.)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
The tone hasn't actually altered that much since 2009 or so, so it may just be his mindset. Not an excuse for unprofessional tone and conduct, just that he's not likely to change for anything. I'd research further to see how many of his pro sales claims can be confirmed - but with that attitude, I probably wouldn't seek him as an agent, anyway.

I've worked with acerbic, outspoken, and downright vicious professionals in many fields. I've even cheerfully forgiven their harsh natures, on the strength of their known associations and accomplishments. In my limited experience, those professionals showcased their clients' successes, and made them very easy to confirm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.