New Zealand

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
has beaten Australia at something. Again.

(This time, it's not a good thing.)

Last week the revelation that New Zealand Prime Minister John Key (which, true fact, is how you say “Junkee” in New Zullund, probably) likes to randomly pull women’s hair for some fuckin’ reason made international headlines, raised the eternally-vexed question of whether New Zealand actually exists and was a welcome break for Australians looking to laugh at someone else’s head of state for once.
Read more at http://junkee.com/john-olivers-gone...fes-great-sometimes/55770#EQyJyifFP5FTWFqL.99

I'm sorry New Zealand - but someone was going to post this link. And wouldn't you rather it was an Aussie? :Sun:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I saw this story, lol. How bizarre! It sounds like our VP Biden, though :D

I'm awful for having this be the first time I've had real occasion to know the NZ PM's name :ROFL: I was like 'who?' when I saw it trending on Twitter *embarrassed*

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how often random strangers will pull, pet or otherwise touch very long hair without warning or permission. The most common excuse is: "It's just so pretty."

No, it's annoying. Very, very annoying.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
He's a bit of an oblivious idjit. But on the scale of screwups it is more weirdly specific and slightly fetishy than of real international importance. Maybe it will serve some purpose in drawing attention to the fact that uninvited touching is not on at all, especially when you already been told to stop it. There is this weird lad culture that seems to think they can laugh these things off instead of just bloody respecting peoples control over their own bodies like a civilized human being.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always glad I'm not the Prime Minister of anything, because I think if there's a oblivious idjit score, I rank fairly highly.

I like to blame my vintage. Though I do try to notice when things go wrong.

ETA: Apparently telling someone you like what they're wearing is not such a good idea, any more. Who knew that?

Last edited:

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a PR move. John Key, who might actually be one of the dullest politicians on record, has recently been rocked by the fact that Winston Peters has risen from the grave for, oh, about the 49th time, and gotten the good folks of Northland to elect a woman from Southland as their representative.

Key, frustrated, appalled, and out of garlic, is trying to compete with my dead Nana's old favourite, but given that he is one of the dullest politicians on record, pulling random ponytails just happens to be the edgiest, most daring thing he can think of to do.

I don't know that it's helped his ratings, but what can you expect trying to one-up the undead in Sexy Jocular Man of the People contests.

We are a horrified nation, ladies and gentlemen.