New Guy Here.

Forge

Registered
Reaction score
I have spent way too much time deciding what to say here.

I have spent the last couple days lurking around the board and it looks active and friendly. I am glad to be here.

I enjoy writing and am nearing retirement and have some time to do that now. I'm not sure what I write, but I write. I guess I would classify it as 'stuff.'

Thank you for having me.

Forge.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. I see these people with clever or charming introductory posts, and I'm so glad that my first post is lost in the Sands of Time, because it was ungainly and plain.

So you're in good company here, with plenty of other writers. Nice to meet you!

Maryn, vacuuming the welcome mat yet again

SML7318

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. It's great that you already have your retirement activities picked out. I really enjoyed a book called Lies You Wanted to Hear, and it was the debut novel from the 68 year old.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
Hello and welcome! I did that too, spent forever deciding what to say. Your post turned out well -- mine went a bit overboard. Ah well. See you around the boards! AW is a fantastic resource and a great community.

:welcome:

Forge

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind welcomes. It is much appreciated and I am happy to be here.