The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: First Realm Publishing

practical experience, FTW Tom Johnson's Avatar

First Realm Publishing

Is there anything going on with First Realm Publishing? I see their website is down.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    This one? http://www.firstrealmpublishing.com/

Looks like they haven't paid their site-host fee. Too soon to tell whether forgetfulness or abandonment.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

If they're having this much trouble this far into it, what does that say about their longevity?

Tri

practical experience, FTW Tom Johnson's Avatar
    Thanks. I've been with them for a year now, and they've not been very communicative. I have no idea what's selling, or what is going on. I get an automatic response from my emails saying their new website will be by the end of the day, but this has been sometime now, and there's still no new website or further communication. I'm a little bit worried, and thought I would check with AW. Appreciate the answers.

practical experience, FTW
    Their Facebook page hasn't been updated in a while. Maybe they're gone for good? It's pretty odd that they'd loose contact with their authors and not keep them up to date with the new website (or whether or not they're still operating).

Here's the link to their Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/FirstRealmPublishing

If their site's been down for over a month, I'd take it as the writing on the wall.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I've been with them for a year now give or take. They've changed their web site several times in an effort to make it more accessible and navigable and I had to give one author FRP's correct email. They liked my submission and I loved my cover art! I went into cardiac arrest in March and couldn't do anything for four or five months and they've been very patient with me. There are only two other authors signed at this time that I know about; one who is prolific and it isn't me, lol. They don't initiate contact unless it's something urgent so authors have to be proactive on everything from submissions to marketing plans so it seems to be going well.

Most prolific author and one other are 'nyms of the owner. Regardless, hasn't published anything in over a year. Anyone have recent contact?
    ICAO
    ---------