Judge Gave Child Molester a Light Sentence: Public Outrage Ensues

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-child-molester-sentencing-20150409-story.html

So a scumbag sodomized a three-year-old, and the judge says:
In his ruling, Kelly said he believed Rojano-Nieto was “extremely remorseful” and that a 25-years-to life sentence would have been “grossly disproportionate to his individual culpability.”

Kelly said that after analyzing the case, it appeared the crime was “not typical of a predatory violent brutal sodomy of a child case.”

Rojano-Nieto, he said, “did not seek out or stalk” the victim, who wandered into the garage where the 20-year-old was playing video games.

He sodomized a three-year-old, but hey, he's sorry, and it's not like he stalked her beforehand. How culpable can he be, really?

Not surprisingly, there was public outrage at the reduced sentence and also at the judge's excuses. The backlash started on Facebook and Change.org. And so far, it's worked.

He's been asked to resign. Waiting now to see that he actually does.

There's been some discussion here about Change.org and individuals campaigning against injustices via the public square, but I think this is an excellent example of how positive that can be.

Last edited:

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
You forgot to mention:

The judge said Rojano-Nieto “inexplicably became sexually aroused" but did not appear to consciously intend to harm the girl.

Because, yanno, he must have raped her by accident.

Also.

Despite the fact that Rojano-Nieto was convicted of crimes against a toddler — at one point covering the girl’s mouth so her mother couldn’t hear her cries —

So yeah. It was probably more of a misunderstanding. It happens.

And if it were up to me, I'd not only throw the book at the bastard, I'd remove the Judge from the bench and how I wish he could be charged with something. Anything.

Dear Lord almighty!

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, he kinda did.

He also suggested there was no real harm done, despite hearing testimony that the girl had tissue damage.

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
10 years instead of 25 to life? I can't even begin to say how sick to my stomach this makes me. Ugh.

Ugh.

Dare I say I hope he gets his in prison. And this judge is out of his gourd for having any sympathy at all for this fiend. In my world, there would be zero tolerance for this behavior. Predatory or not, what the hell difference does that make??

Ugh.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't care WHAT the situation was, it was predatory. He was in a position of absolute power over this tiny child and he used that power to viciously violate her.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't care WHAT the situation was, it was predatory. He was in a position of absolute power over this tiny child and he used that power to viciously violate her.

This can easily describe the judge too.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Good God.

Normal people do not become sexually aroused by random toddlers. And decent people don't act on such urges if they do happen. And competent judges don't make excuses for such scum.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
10 years? I thought this thread was going to be about the teacher who just got 30 days instead of seven to 14 years, and the judge who referred to her as "dangling candy."

At her sentencing hearing last Friday, Ginnetti cried in court while reading a letter of apology. The judge then compared explicit photos of the woman to "dangling candy" in front of her victim, the Bucks County Courier Time reports.

“What young man would not jump on that candy?” Page said.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kelly said that after analyzing the case, it appeared the crime was “not typical of a predatory violent brutal sodomy of a child case.”

He sexually assaults a three year old and it's not violent and brutal?!?!?!

What the fuckity fuck?!?!?