• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kennebec Publishing

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is there any information on Kennebec Publishing parent company to Steam Romance and Prepper Press.

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
The information on their "Services" tab makes it very unclear as to whether they're a paying publisher or a vanity press. They mention things like "we can work with your writing, hire ghostwriters, or write on your behalf."

They also mention brochures along with ebooks and paperbacks, and they refer to "clients" rather than "authors." This makes me think they're either a vanity press or a printing company that's decided to print books.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
While the Steam imprint is described as never charging fees, the same does not seem to be true of the parent company. Only the Prepper imprint shows actual published books on the website.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
The information on their "Services" tab makes it very unclear as to whether they're a paying publisher or a vanity press. They mention things like "we can work with your writing, hire ghostwriters, or write on your behalf."

They also mention brochures along with ebooks and paperbacks, and they refer to "clients" rather than "authors." This makes me think they're either a vanity press or a printing company that's decided to print books.

This was my thought too.

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
Is it just me or does Prepper Press seem a little...I don't want to use the word "nuts," but they do have a squirrel in their logo so I'm very tempted to. They cater specifically to the doomsday-shelter-building crowd.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Hay, the dooms day preppers are a growing demographic group. Maybe they are onto something...

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think it is deliberately semi-ironic given that they use it to release zombie fiction.
IMHO I wouldn't criticize any imprint for having a solid niche. The non-fic side of prepping sells well.

Last edited: