Regular donations to AW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For years, I'd send an occasional check to help fund Absolute Write. It was hit and miss and required some basic book work, an envelope, and a stamp. Most of all, it required me to remember to get 'er done.

Then, I found PayPal and dropped some USD into AW whenever I had a few extra D in my account. It was easier than mailing a check, and donating low sums was free. Still, I had to remember. Maybe easy for you kids but not always true for old guys
old-300.gif

This year, I got fully automated. My bank has a feature called "POP $" (Pay Other People Money). One of my paydays is on the third of every month, so my bank remembers to shoot a fiver to AW, even if I forget. The automatic transfer is free.

Check it out. Maybe your bank has automated POP $ or something like it.

Last edited:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the support, Chase. Every little bit helps and when everyone pitches in, either with money or time (or both), the entire community gains from it. :)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good reminder to see if my donations are automated. I *think* I'm set up for a yearly donation, but to be honest I don't remember.

ETA: Just checked Paypal, and have corrected a long overdue oversight! Thanks AW!

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
POP$ update

POPMONEY automated donations to AW work!

Banks offering POPMONEY's no-fee monthly transfers of a dollar to several dollars to support AW are Ally Bank (owned, I think, by our own AlleyCat), BBVA Bank, Citibank, Fifth Third Bank, First National Bank of PA, PNC Bank, Regions Bank, and US Bank.

Other banks offer similar free and no-fuss automatic electronic payment systems to send regular small amounts. For instance, Chase Bank (which I own) offers "QuickPay."

A dollar a month won't be missed and adds up to lots of help.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Man, if I'd known you owned Chase Bank, I'd have sucked up. Drat, an opportunity wasted!

I just noticed the other day that the AW Subscription link at the bottom of every page had a box you can check for "Monthly." Since my little local bank does not pop, except for lollipops, this could prove handy if I ever have any money.

Maryn, who has a little but needs to sell another book

Status
Not open for further replies.