Blogger has face hacked in for being mean to all-powerful deity.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Indiana's new official Church of Cannabis.

Please note: The picture is NOT a flipped "before and after" photoset.

A new religion glorifying cannabis is officially incorporated in Indiana, and adherents plan to take full advantage of the state’s controversial religious freedom law.

ETA: Yes, I know it was mentioned in the "Lone State" thread. But.... those pictures.

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
When Christians do reprehensible things and declare their reasons, highlighted from Christian dogma, I believe them.

When Muslims do reprehensible things and declare their reasons, highlighted from Islamic dogma, I believe them. I haven't seen any reason to second-guess their declared passions. In fact, it seems quite belittling and condescending not to afford them the same nod I give other assholes.

The ticklish part is that the headlines Christian assholes are making right now tend to be of a less permanent nature. Someone else can always make the pizza and the flower arrangements. As far as I know, barring Mysterious Ways, you can't unring a bell or unhack a face.

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Bangladesh, a majority Muslim nation long seen as insulated from the most fervent strains of militant Islam, has seen that reputation crack amid an increasingly bloody divide between secular bloggers and conservative Islamist groups.

In many ways, the divide is clear: The bloggers want authorities to ban religion-based politics, while the Islamists are pressing for blasphemy laws so that nobody can undermine Islam's holy book, the prophet or basic pillars of being a Muslim.

In a crowded nation of 160 million, whose recent political history has been dominated by a bitter power struggle that regularly spills into street violence, many fear that religion could further destabilize the situation.

Islam is Bangladesh's state religion, but the country is governed by secular laws based on British common law. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has repeatedly said she will not give in to religious extremism.

Yet over the last decade or so, extreme interpretations of Islam have steadily gained ground here.

"These attacks are not stray incidents," said Abdur Rashid, a retired army general and expert on national security. "They are well planned and strings are being pulled in some quarters eager to control the future of Bangladesh."
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150404/as--bangladesh-blogger_deaths-6ded2b29f3.html

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
William : ironic thread titles : : Vince : polls

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like to say that, too. It is however, true for all religions. An all-powerful God doesn't need goons.

Exactly, therefore, religious thugs and would-be theocrats are all arguing against their own faiths with their efforts.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
From the outside, ITA - in their tiny diseased minds, however, they're acting as that all-powerful God's instruments, and the thought that maybe he doesn't exactly need or want their help doesn't exactly register.