• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ePub] Oktopus Ink

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Since they are brand new it's kind of hard to tell what everything will be like. Can't see their covers or look up a Sales record on them. I'm also a bit concerned that nobody has publishing experience -- or in fact, real world business experience at all since most of them are very recent student graduates.

However, I do really like their mission to publish more diverse works. I also like that their stated response time is 2 weeks.

Doesn't say if books will be released POD as well or just in ebook format.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Gene! I do like their mission too. Do you know when you'll have your cover? I'm eager to sees their covers. So your book is set to release in the Spring of next year? That's exciting. If you can tell us your experience that'd be great!

Also it says they will open to submissions in September. It's already the middle of the month, I'm wondering when that will happen.

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
Does anyone know what happened to Oktopus Ink? Their website is gone and their Twitter account seems to have been deleted as well. They just evaporated sometime in the last couple months.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
No, I guess they just folded under the pressure. They had a good idea with the books too. Maybe there wasn't enough funding? They should have thought of that before they accepted submissions. Oh well. Just goes to show you have to be careful with these new pubs.