AprNoWriMo 2015 (not to be confused with the Camp thread)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Even though this is Camp NaNo month, I thought I'd start our monthly thread all the same. Some of us may not be participating in Camp this year and/or have other objectives beyond their Camp goals.

Mine are:

Write 30k words for Camp - 0 out of 30,000
Revise manuscript of Book #2 in series - 0 of 1
Write a blog post - 0 of 1
Read two books - 0 of 2

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Sticking with the same goal as last month, 2,000 words a day. I will be participating in Camp, and have an overall Camp goal of 50,000, but I plan that some of that daily 2,000 will be spent on another WIP as well. Most likely this will be a busy month, but I'm still gonna try.

KidCassandra

learning how to BIC
Registered
Reaction score
Gonna try to finish the WIP in my sig this month, which means a little under 50K for my goal.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to start until after work today, around 6 or 7 PM. Double-unfortunately, I'm a very slow writer, and I've gotten used to only 1K words per day.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back in this month. I'm aiming for first drafts of Sebastian's siblings and finishing YA portal fantasy.

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not participating in the Camp, but the draft of my current WIP should be done by the end of this week, so my intention is to get 50,000 words of my next WIP done by the end of the month.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Here are my goals for April.

• Write at least 50k in Demonic Pact (Angel of Death #2).
  • Write a short story a week (I’m participating in the “A Story A Week” challenge this year, so I’m writing a short every week).
  • Edit at least three short stories I wrote this year.
  • Submit one short story to a magazine/anthology/anywhere.
  • Participate in the “A to Z Challenge”, and make it to the end (fingers crossed).
  • Finish first draft of Ghostslayer. I’m at 45k/70k words.
  • Work on outline for Supernatural Detective series.
  • Revise first five chapters of Allegro Academy #1.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Goals for April:

*Write my 10k for Camp (goal may increase depending on my mood)
*Read 3 books
*Complete 5 DayZero goals
*Finish university awards application
*Complete study abroad scholarship application
*Complete study abroad paperwork...
*Check for other scholarships. And apply for them. As soon as possible. Yesterday is preferred.
*Finish my research project and get a damn meeting set up ASAP to talk about my findings because it's important...
*Do something fun. Really.

I may or may not add more to this later... This is more of a to-do list than goals but whatever. :tongue

~Amber~

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
I want to do 1500 words a day, 5 days a week. I did 1499 today. I can be satisfied with that...

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
No camp for me. I finished all my March goals, but I didn't really have that many.

April goals:

1. Edit 4 UF Chapters (this one will be basically all in the second half, so I don't know about 4... but I'll try).
2. Edit 1 Short Story
3. Write A Decent Amount of Contemp Romance (I'll know a decent amount when I see it).
4. Read 6 books. Upping the number in response to holiday/last month's nice haul, so will see how I go.
5. Edit 2 pages OR 500 words a day.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Um. What is the 'Camp' thread? It opens up talking about invites...

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um. What is the 'Camp' thread? It opens up talking about invites...

Camp NaNoWriMo is a more casual approach to the November NaNoWriMo madness. It takes place during the month of April (I think there's also one in July). The fun part about Camp is that you can get into "cabins" with your friends and encourage (and tease) each other. I think some spaces may be available in the two AW cabins. You can check out the thread about it here.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
I see. Thank you for the explanation! If I can't go to camp, is this the right place to update my status/progress?

ETA: I read that thread but I didn't understand it ...:Shrug:

Last edited:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure! These monthly threads are just a way of continuing the NaNoWriMo encouragement through each month. Just post your monthly goal(s) and update as you go.

Welcome!

Moonlight Madness

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a slow writer, so I'd like to average 1,000 words a day this month and at the very least get my WIP off the ground. I don't like to set myself a specific amount of words per day as I know there are days where I write 100 words as well as days where I write 3000, so an average is the way forward for me.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
3060 words written, and the WIP is now at 9211 words. Hooray!

woo! I'm not the only one in this thread posting progress!

My 257 words a day is working well, so I'm sticking with that. In addition, I want to work out some plot lines for my story.

That's about my usual word count. I've just lost my job so I'm trying my best to take advantage of the time.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been getting much done as we've been in tech/previews for my current show. We had our first public performance last night and will have our final rehearsal today, so things will begin to ease up next week.

Write 30k words for Camp - 589 out of 30,000
Revise manuscript of Book #2 in series - 0 of 1
Write a blog post - 0 of 1
Read two books - 0 of 2

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Goals this month.

1. Write 750 short story (by April 13th?)
2. Edit 30k words for Nanowrimo, which is half of what I have left to revise. I'd like to get beta readers for this book by June.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Revising my goal down to 40,000 words for the month. That said, I did 2300 words today, for a total of 3415.

I'm revising my goals down, too. My new goal is 4500 words a week, shooting for 900w/day on five days.

ETA: Tonight I did 300 words. I actually feel good about it. After all, I could have written 0... It was hard getting started.

Last edited:

KidCassandra

learning how to BIC
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote 2000 words last night! Unfortunately, it wasn't for the WIP, but for an informal writing project my little brother convinced me to do...

So overall I'm behind on the WIP. Going to try for 2K the next couple of days, so I can catch up...