Put Me In, Coach

jmarz01

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I suppose I put myself in, as it works out! Lurker here, happy to be stepping out of the shadows. I think I may have even had a profile at one point, years back, but I don't remember that I ever participated so I figured I might as well start fresh!

In any case, I've been an avid reader and writer for as long as I've known how; all I've ever wanted to do with my life is write stuff. I have a great job in a corporate communications field, but every day I sit at my work computer and think about the novel or short story or whatever it is that I would rather be working on. Then I feel ungrateful because I'm fortunate to be able to make a living writing, even if it's just writing business materials. And when I do take time to write, I feel guilty about the time I'm not spending with my family. I'm an angsty sort.

I've written two (terrible) novels in the past, and am working on one now that I think might actually be okay. My husband is very supportive, but it would be great to share experiences and thoughts with other writers... so here I am.

When not reading or writing, I can be found playing board games with my kids, avoiding the dishwasher, and watching RuPaul's Drag Race. I like cheddar cheese with crusty bread, post it notes, cozy socks, and red wine. I hate airplanes, noisy places, and watermelon. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

If you can remember your old username let us know.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Jmarz.

Earning a living and following a hobby word-by-word is fascinating, innit?

Our past novels should be terrible when compared to the okay gem we're currently polishing. :D

I'm with you on everything but watermelon. I could live in a watermelon patch.

Again, :welcome:.