Most Canadian photo ever, eh?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
All it need is a bear to play goalie. (Moose are the wrong shape entirely, and beavers would want to build a better rink.) Great picture, thanks for the link.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, please! Go with the original, non-'ironic' version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8zeB7b1uFY

Now that's Canadian.

I didn't say that the Wright Bros version of Stompin' Tom was more Canadian than anything, but that it was merely comparable to Neil Peart doing the Hockey Theme in an ice rink. It is a cliché that has been done over and over. When inspecting the Canadianness of any image, video or song, I would rather there be something rich in subtleties than to be full of old clichés and canards. When I posted Marjo, I was drawing attention to Marjo doing a performance of a song that really had nothing to do with hockey, ice or skating, all on figure skates in a hockey rink to a packed crowd. She is singing in Joual with a heavy focus on drawing attention to its North Americanness and not its Metropolitane-ness.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
All it need is a bear to play goalie. (Moose are the wrong shape entirely, and beavers would want to build a better rink.) Great picture, thanks for the link.

I'm not so sure. Them antlers on a big bull would be mighty useful in keeping the biscuit out of the basket. Of course the 5-, 6- and 7-holes are pretty wide.

caw