AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Chalice Media

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Publisher] Chalice Media

Has anybody had any experience with these people?

http://www.chalicemediagroup.com/

I thought they might be worth mentioning here, just in case anyone considers them as a possibility for submission.

Their company description on Facebook is as follows: "Photographic Services & Equipment Theater (and that's not MY spelling mistake) Performance Venue."

But, when you go to their website, they also appear to be in the book publishing business. Click on "store", and you'll find that they only have one author on their list (who seems to have been vanity published through Author House), and their other three "books" are actually links to publishing services, ranging in price from 299 to 899 ... (They're based in the UK.)

These prices aren't mentioned anywhere else, that I can see, except on the "store" page.

They're clearly a vanity publisher, but it's worrying that they seem to be posing as something else!
    Last edited by DJE81; 03-23-2015 at 02:55 AM.

I have no experience--just chiming in to say that "Theater" isn't a spelling mistake. It can be spelled both that way and as "theatre."

ETA: Just looked at their website. Do not like. Do not want to go there.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    They are located in the UK, so "theater" is quite correct.

The company owner and the only listed author are the same person, so it is probably a self-publishing imprint name rather than a fully functional publisher.

Their attempt to also be a vanity press is laughable at best.
    Emily Veinglory

Quote Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
    They are located in the UK, so "theater" is quite correct.
    I live in the UK, and we always spell it as "Theatre" ... (Check out any UK Theatre's website)... but I stand corrected on there being two different spellings. You learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
    Their attempt to also be a vanity press is laughable at best.
    I agree. It's a bizarre website!

Quote Originally Posted by Thedrellum View Post
    ETA: Just looked at their website. Do not like. Do not want to go there.
    My thoughts exactly ...

Hi... I'm Ron Heimbecher, and I've had a small company ChaliceMedia (www.chalicemedia.com) going since 2005. I've worked with a number of Colorado writing organizations and I just want to be sure that this British company's activities don't cast a negative pall over my work. I do NOT charge people to publish books and I have nothing to do regarding the publishing of anything other than my own work. Sorry it's been so long since I've dropped by.