Intro post! Howdy

Oreos

Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks!

My name is Nick. I've lurked around a bit over the past couple of weeks, but only recently mustered the courage to create an account and engage with the community.

I am a writer at heart, but only within the last couple of years have I made a dedicated effort to hone this craft. What's more, I have only recently made efforts to read more books for leisure and guidance. With that being said, I want my writing abilities to grow and sharpen, and I feel that this would be a great community for an objective view to learn from.

At 28, I have wrestled with what many jokingly call a "quarter-life crisis" largely by having not used my teens and earlier twenties to focus on my love for speaking through the written word. My goal is to create work that speaks maturely and emotionally, while understanding what to look out for and avoid -- or include.

My apologies if this is longer or more personal that what is usually expected from the intro posts. I certainly appreciate your view!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everybody likes Oreos, you know. So you're totally in.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At 28, I have wrestled with what many jokingly call a "quarter-life crisis"

So at 74, my current crisis is a three-quarter life crisis? :e2beat:

:welcome:, Nick. Not too long or personal. Just right and worlds better than promoting rather than introducing. I'll look for your posts. :D

Last edited:

rockondon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nick,
I guess we don't have to ask what your favorite type of cookie is. ;)