Camp AprilNaNoWriMo

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I have bought so many s'mores supplies. Graham crackers and marshmallows, peeps to test in place of the marshmallows (both chick- and bunny-shaped to test surface area browning), reeces eggs, snickers eggs, nutella, fancy dark chocolate...

and bacon.

It's really good, I promise.

I'm considering making a batch of homemade mallows to mix in, but I don't like them toasted nearly as much.

Oh yeah, and my novel will be first person. That's a new one. Some MCs just refuse to be non-POV, you know?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I have bought so many s'mores supplies. Graham crackers and marshmallows, peeps to test in place of the marshmallows (both chick- and bunny-shaped to test surface area browning), reeces eggs, snickers eggs, nutella, fancy dark chocolate...

and bacon.

It's really good, I promise.

I'm considering making a batch of homemade mallows to mix in, but I don't like them toasted nearly as much.

Oh yeah, and my novel will be first person. That's a new one. Some MCs just refuse to be non-POV, you know?

I'll be over in...however many hours it takes to drive to your house and help myself to the s'mores stash. :D

And I know what you mean about MCs and POVs. My last NaNo novel, I had to change from 3rd to 1st after almost a week because MC just spent the whole time hiding behind her more outgoing best friend. Some of them you just have to be in their head.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Well, one minute after midnight, I figured I might as well wait until morning to get started.

And then 100 minutes later, I had 2583 words complete.

:e2faint:

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Well, one minute after midnight, I figured I might as well wait until morning to get started.

And then 100 minutes later, I had 2583 words complete.

:e2faint:

Grats! I'm heading to bed. Going to start my word count tomorrow. I have to get up in 5 1/2 hours. Yay....

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I'm only shooting for 30k (exam revision, bluergh) but I'm ready (ish).

(No, I'm not.)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy first day of Camp, everyone!

I will probably not have time to write today (damn it - bringing my cabin's stats down already) but I hope everyone else has a productive day!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I work early mornings, so I set an alarm to wake me for midnight. Put 100 (well, 177) words on the page and went back to bed.

Happy Camp everyone!

TAMaxwell - I'll gladly share the s'mores, I'm never going to eat all of these.

Ramshackle, are you all cabin-ed up?

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I work early mornings, so I set an alarm to wake me for midnight. Put 100 (well, 177) words on the page and went back to bed.

Happy Camp everyone!

TAMaxwell - I'll gladly share the s'mores, I'm never going to eat all of these.

Ramshackle, are you all cabin-ed up?

:D yaaay s'mores.

I was way too tired to stay up until midnight last night, so as soon as I get through my threads, time to get this party started.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
It's a good thing I got wording out of the way after midnight, because I'll probably be tangled up in superhero silliness here.

*sighs* I'm easily distracted. Productivity was never an option for me. :rolleyes:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I should be counting all of the words I'm writing here on AW today for Camp NaNo.

*takes 40 s'mores while no one is looking*

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
2.5K, and time to go home and make ALL THE SMORES

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Dang! Well done, CB.

I've been struggling for anything today, and I think I've determined that I've started the overall novel in the wrong place. So that's a bunch getting x-ed out, starting from 0. Let's see if this goes better.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
S'mores test 1 complete: comparing reg mallow & graham crackers with reeces egg vs snickers egg, under the broiler until marshmallow golden and chocolate showed signs of melting.

Reeces egg - I love these because of the high peanut butter vs chocolate ratio. Cut in half to make two. On s'mores the high peanut butter ratio backfired. Eggs almost cook before you get any good chocolate melt.

Snickers egg - I've never had a snickers egg before. They have a thicker chocolate exterior than a snickers bar. Cut one in half to make two s'mores. Caramel melted unattractively but the end result was really good.

Verdict - Snickers egg is the clear winner.
further study - Reeces egg unheated on a cooked mallow.

As for my actual writing, race is a dynamic in my novel (urban fantasy) and it's giving me far more hesitation than I normally have (in part, because I am trying to have that conversation in the first person, which is not my usual) and I'm really hoping my friend who is reading all those spots for me doesn't get annoyed with my thousand and one "should I say A or B" emails...

Most fun thing written so far: MC just called her werewolf best friend a bad dog and threatened to spray him with the windex bottle.

ETA - Broke 3k. I really do need to go to bed now...

Last edited:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Word count for the first twenty-four hours: 5093 words.

This calls for something to celebrate with.

*takes forty Reese's eggs while no one is looking*

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any spots in the cabins left? If so, may I join up? My username is the same. :)
There should be. I think if you PM Lilith's cabin you'll make the cabins even for the race!

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
There should be. I think if you PM Lilith's cabin you'll make the cabins even for the race!

We've already got Crayonz chilling with us. Forbidden Snowflake still has to make a project, so Lil hasn't been able to invite her yet. We're at 8 members. FS will be the even-ing 9.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
We've already got Crayonz chilling with us. Forbidden Snowflake still has to make a project, so Lil hasn't been able to invite her yet. We're at 8 members. FS will be the even-ing 9.
Awesome. May the best cabin win! (Ours) :evil