• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Word Horde / Apeshit! Media

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
Possible market? Micropress?

http://wordhorde.com/

Word Horde was founded by Ross E. Lockhart, former managing editor of Night Shade Books. Mentioning this only in case you wondered what previous company he worked for -- as that's not spelled out here.

I was intrigued by his Jack the Ripper antho, which I believe came out last year, but I haven't gotten hold of it yet.

FWIW, I am biased against Night Shade, but it's not my story... To me NSB meant J and J (i.e, NSB before the Skyhorse deal).​

Back to Word Horde. Gotta love a site with "All Rights Reserved. All Wrongs Righted." in the copyright though. :D

Not finding anything about submissions -- this may be invite-only? I don't know. It looks like Ross is the only employee at present.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed Mr. Lockhart to ask about the submissions process. He responded within a few hours and indicated they are a small press with a goal to publish between 5-7 books per year. Submissions are solicited or taken via agent at this time, but he indicated he's willing to discuss pitches that fit with their aesthetic and there may be open call periods in the future.

FWIW. I did not ask about advances/royalties, etc, but if anyone is interested further, I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss it with you.

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
I emailed Mr. Lockhart to ask about the submissions process. He responded within a few hours and indicated they are a small press with a goal to publish between 5-7 books per year. Submissions are solicited or taken via agent at this time, but he indicated he's willing to discuss pitches that fit with their aesthetic and there may be open call periods in the future.

Thank you, Aggy B!

BTW, the Twitter account run by his Jack was fun and perhaps the first time I found myself in a kind of roleplay with an anthology. (Unless it was the group mind-meld of every Jack the Ripper story...?)