The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Word Horde / Apeshit! Media

Copy editor

[Publisher] Word Horde / Apeshit! Media

Possible market? Micropress?

http://wordhorde.com/

Word Horde was founded by Ross E. Lockhart, former managing editor of Night Shade Books. Mentioning this only in case you wondered what previous company he worked for -- as that's not spelled out here.

I was intrigued by his Jack the Ripper antho, which I believe came out last year, but I haven't gotten hold of it yet.

FWIW, I am biased against Night Shade, but it's not my story... To me NSB meant J and J (i.e, NSB before the Skyhorse deal).

Back to Word Horde. Gotta love a site with "All Rights Reserved. All Wrongs Righted." in the copyright though.

Not finding anything about submissions -- this may be invite-only? I don't know. It looks like Ross is the only employee at present.
    ASZ*---
    Freelance C/E

LinkedIn

Not as sweet as you think Aggy B.'s Avatar
    I emailed Mr. Lockhart to ask about the submissions process. He responded within a few hours and indicated they are a small press with a goal to publish between 5-7 books per year. Submissions are solicited or taken via agent at this time, but he indicated he's willing to discuss pitches that fit with their aesthetic and there may be open call periods in the future.

FWIW. I did not ask about advances/royalties, etc, but if anyone is interested further, I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss it with you.
    _________
    A.G.C.

OF LIPS AND TONGUE
    "Don't pick it up if you have important things to do today."
    "...the story itself is a masterpiece of horror, paranoia, love, and introduces a startling heroine that people should flock to."
    "If you like dark, unsettling, gorgeous Southern Gothic books with a taste of Southern Fried X-Files, this novella might be your cuppa."
    OF SHADE AND SOUL: Available now!

A.G. Carpenter
    @Aggy_C

Copy editor
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy B. View Post
    I emailed Mr. Lockhart to ask about the submissions process. He responded within a few hours and indicated they are a small press with a goal to publish between 5-7 books per year. Submissions are solicited or taken via agent at this time, but he indicated he's willing to discuss pitches that fit with their aesthetic and there may be open call periods in the future.
    Thank you, Aggy B!

BTW, the Twitter account run by his Jack was fun and perhaps the first time I found myself in a kind of roleplay with an anthology. (Unless it was the group mind-meld of every Jack the Ripper story...?)
    ASZ*---
    Freelance C/E

LinkedIn