• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Headline Publishing Group / Tinder Press / Little Black Dress

MKL1025

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with Little Black Dress Books? They're based in the UK and an imprint of Headline.

My agent sent my chick-lit MS and it looks like they're going to make an offer. :D

Thanks!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Headline are a good size publishing house so I would say congratulations are in order :)

MKL1025

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! I'll keep everyone posted!

chancerychislett

better at querying than writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I should send a query with my submission?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
They ask for a covering letter, not a query.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site is woefully out of date, blog is gone, and per last FB post (5/12), imprint is on hold. On the other hand, Headline is publishing a couple Kindle editions of older books next month, so it's only mostly dead.

dontpanic

and carry a towel
Registered
Reaction score
Tinder Press

I've had some great tip-offs from this forum, so thought I'd share this with you guys. In case anyone hasn't seen, Tinder Press are taking open submissions til March 15th. Details in the doobly doo:

http://tinderpress.co.uk/2015/01/tinder-press-open-submission/

I'm a wee bit torn as I want to submit something but my two manuscripts were completed and edited a couple of years ago. I'm sure you're all familiar with that feeling of looking at past writing. I'm very proud of it, and do want to have work published, but am unsure if it represents my present writing ability. However, I don't have a more recent substantial piece of work. Any ideas?

Thanks and best of luck if you decide to submit something! :)

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
Their parent company is here: https://www.headline.co.uk/
They appear to be owned by Hachette UK.

As for your personal concerns, if you think your writing deserves to be published, then go for it. Don't worry about how representative it is of your current ability because each piece of writing must stand on its own anyway. And if they reject it, that doesn't mean you can't submit to them later with a different piece of work. They're not keeping a record of your submissions and saying, "Oh, we didn't like your work before, so we're not even going to look at this new submission." Professional publishers don't do that. They know people's skills improve as time goes on.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
I sent mine in yesterday. I don't think it's really what they're looking for, but I guess they can be the ones to decide. They don't really make it clear what genres they do or don't publish anywhere on the open submission page.

Mine probably isn't literary enough (I think literary is all they publish), and a little bit too gay romancey. But it's too late now!

Last edited: