The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Eldritch Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Cool Eldritch Press

Does anyone have information about this publisher, Eldritch Press? It's new. The earliest date I have for the publisher is June, 2014, but I believe it's actually about a year older.

http://www.eldritchpress.com

This Eldritch Press is not to be confused with an older Eldritch Press (eldritchpress.org) which published public domain works. I believe that press is no longer in operation. This Eldritch Press publishes horror poetry and is now branching out into novels.

Eldritch has accepted one of my novels, and I received a contract. The problem is it's nearly word for word this contract:

http://www.maine.edu/pdf/PublishingA...ntStandard.pdf

It sucks. There are also mistakes such as litigation would take place in the state of Texas, where the publisher is from, but at the end, the agreement names the state of Maine. Someone forgot to write Texas. :/

I don't know whether I should negotiate the contract so that it benefits me, or just let this one go. I have no idea what sales rates are or how the publisher handles publicity, if at all. Does anyone else know anything about this press?

I don't know anything about the press, but the contract issue would turn me away. If they haven't spent the time and effort (minimal as it might be) to personalize their contract, then how can you trust that they will put effort into your novel?
    Last edited by Thedrellum; 03-05-2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: stupid lack of autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Thedrellum View Post
    I don't know anything about the press, but the contract issue would turn me away. If they haven't spend the time and effort (minimal as it might be) to personalize their contract, then how can you trust that they will put effort into your novel?
    The same thought crossed my mind. I wonder if anyone else here has had any experience with them? I've been burned by publishers before, and I don't want to repeat the experience.

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    I'd suggest you ask the publisher for info re sales figures, etc.

trying to give this thread a bump. Any follow up on how it was working with this press? Did you continue with them?

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
    trying to give this thread a bump. Any follow up on how it was working with this press? Did you continue with them?
    I sent you a private message about this. Yes, I signed with them after we negotiated a brand new contract that is much better than that first one. It pleased me in every way. I know who my editor is and I'm confident she'll do a good job. I know of her. Don't know her personally. My book is slated to come out in 2016.

Aquamarine, did your book ever go to press.

Friend just stated that this press has simply disappeared. The website is down, all emails are closed and the owner isn't responding. He's sending a snail mail letter (certified of course) to get his writes back.

another market implodes I guess.
    Professional Publication Minion for hire (email me)

FB and ETSY for Shadowflame Designs Beadwork

BLOG

Confessions of a Publishing Minion with beta readers - still needs at least another 15K words

Dragon Masque 44,000/70,000

If you don't try, you can't fail AnneGlynn's Avatar
    I'm new to ibilio.org, but it has this to say about EP:

Eldritch Press

Here are free, accessible books. Read them and go in peace. Everything at this site has now been placed in the public domain with a Creative Commons deed (except two or three pieces copyrighted by others and used by permission). This site is dedicated to the Public Domain. http://eldritchpress.org

Anne

My website? http://www.anneglynn.com/

Most weeks, I write about writing and romance, and writing romances. Most weeks. You have been warned.

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneGlynn View Post
    I'm new to ibilio.org, but it has this to say about EP:

Eldritch Press

Here are free, accessible books. Read them and go in peace. Everything at this site has now been placed in the public domain with a Creative Commons deed (except two or three pieces copyrighted by others and used by permission). This site is dedicated to the Public Domain. http://eldritchpress.org

That's a different Eldritch Press (note the .org address; the one in question is .com, and the confusion between the two is noted in the very first post of this thread).

Here's the correct addy (or what's left of it). It looks as if Shadowflame is right and the press has gone under.
    KINGLET: Coming in August 2017 from Fiery Seas Publishing!
    FISKUR: Releasing November 2017 from Fiery Seas!

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowflame View Post
    Aquamarine, did your book ever go to press.

Friend just stated that this press has simply disappeared. The website is down, all emails are closed and the owner isn't responding. He's sending a snail mail letter (certified of course) to get his writes back.

another market implodes I guess.
    I just saw this. No, my book never went to press. The pub folded not long after my book was accepted. I haven't tried to find a new home for it. At least when I'm ready I can send it out as a new, unpublished manuscript. The contract was fixed to my satisfaction and the owner was great to work with. I was sad to see it fold but I wasn't surprised.