• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Golden Wheat Literary

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Agent Jessica Schmeidler lists "managing editor at a traditional press" as one of her prior work experiences. The press appears to be Anaiah Press, a digital-first publisher that started up less than a year ago. On PM Jessica is still listed as Senior Editor at Anaiah--is this just a non-updated listing, or does she still work there?

Beyond that, her experience seems to be primarily nonfiction freelance writing and paralegal work.

I think it's definitely a wait-and-see on this one.

- Victoria

ChronoSpider

Registered
Reaction score
Is there any new updated information on Golden Wheat Literary? One of their agents liked my pitch this week for #PitMad, but I haven't been able to find any solid information on their authors or the agency in general. I went on ahead and submitted what the agent asked me to send, but I'm a bit on the fence since their website is pretty bare.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Try not to sub if you are unsure about a publisher or agent. It only sets up some awkwardness later, if you have to withdraw based on new information. I had to withdraw a sub from a great agent earlier this year, and I agonized for days about it.

Golden Wheat Literary doesn't appear to have many, if any, books on Amazon. ETA: they're a lit agency, so that explains it.

Last edited:

ChronoSpider

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm new to the publishing business, so I appreciate your advice.

sbmcveigh

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm new to the publishing business, so I appreciate your advice.

Congrats on the fav!

I am agented there and yes, it is a newer agency, but there are many deals in the works that will help establish their credibility soon - a stage all new agents must go through. I knew the agents and their experience very well beforehand, so was comfortable signing with them due to my prior knowledge of their expertise. I can say their dedication and the progression of my MS has been EXTREMELY impressive and I couldn't be happier with the decision I made, I know I am in good hands.

Only submit to agents you are truly interested in partnering with, that way you do not waste each other's time. Best of luck to you!!!

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
Congrats on the fav!

I am agented there and yes, it is a newer agency, but there are many deals in the works that will help establish their credibility soon - a stage all new agents must go through.

While it's true that agents have to "start somewhere," the vast majority of successful new agencies are started by established agents at other agencies who have a long track record of sales and who can take their clients with them. As an author, it's iffy to have to take an agent's word for it that they will have sales "soon."

What's more, looking at the agents' bios, only one of the agents seems to have had previous agency experience (as an intern at an unnamed agency). To me, that's just not enough to inspire confidence at this stage, so for me, it's "wait two years and see." However, they are clearly well-meaning and I wish them the best of luck.

Beach_Girl

Registered
Reaction score
Jessica requested and received my manuscript in mid-January, despite two polite follow up emails (sent mid and late summer), I haven't heard a word - not even an acknowledgment of my emails. I thought Golden Wheat would be a good fit, but I am sending out more queries...probably shouldn't have waited so long.

tickledpink

Registered
Reaction score
Any updates

Any updates on this agency. How strong they are? How good are their new agents, and what are the changes of getting a contract? It looks like most of their sales are to smaller publishers.