AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: CrossLink Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

CrossLink Publishing

Can anyone tell me anything about this house. Please (please) respond by email to ksnyder211@gmail.com.

Thank you.

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksnyder211 View Post
    Can anyone tell me anything about this house. Please (please) respond by email to (cut)

Thank you.
    Ksnyder:
    If you put your email in a post, it will be harvested by spambots. I'd suggest you edit it out of your original post.

If you post a question in a thread, people will respond in that thread. That way the information is available for all readers, not just one member.

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    Presumably you are asking about this Crosslink Publishing? (It's best to put a link in your original post, since there are sometimes multiple publishers our there with the same or very similar names.)

It looks to be a small press, accepting Christian-themed fiction and non-fiction, with no/very limited distribution and marketing, poor-to-average stock cover art, and a contract for life-of-copyright.

This bit made me go o_O
    CrossLink has adopted a simplified royalty agreement that returns 10% of retail price of all copies sold - even though none of the books will actually sell at retail price.
    (my bolding)

And this bit made me go :O
    For authors who have strong initial sales, we offer an eBook program as an optional, purchased service. eBook conversion and distribution is available for as low as $1.10 per page, and results in high-fidelity eBooks...
    No. No, no, no, no, no.

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    I like how they describe themselves as a "Traditional, Trade Publisher". And have a testimonial from an author on the front page.
    Sleeping Beauty-inspired m/m romance : Editing.

ROFL! Charging an eBook per page of an already edited and easily e-formatted book, from an author already making the publisher money!? Run Forrest, RUN! Seriously. Run.
    Please help me leave this country for a better life!
    Kick an Israeli out!

"And then, Orli said she couldn't stand, I quote, the goopy Petri dish of doom that is the uncut shniedel."
    -Nadir

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go Gravity's Avatar
    Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
    I'm a Christian. This shit makes me blush.
    Cameron Bane

PITFALL, WildBlue Press

www.cameronbanebooks.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Their "self-publishing" imprint, New Harbor Press: http://newharborpress.com/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: