Eggs for everybody!

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
To be fair...it's REALLY damn hard to study nutrition.

I used to think that.

Then I started studying it - not formally, and I certainly don't have a degree in it.

As someone who has done some consulting work for nutrition and food science studies, I have to agree with Zoombie.

You're almost always dealing with low sample sizes, missing data, and massive between-subject biological variation.

It's a lot tougher getting subjects to stick to a strict diet routine than having them fill out a survey or take a pill.

...but the problem here is almost entirely with the media. I've never heard a real nutrition scientist spout the kind of alarmist crap you get from the news and amateur health nuts.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I hope the little ingrates had the decency to thank you.

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
I've been eating four to five eggs daily for years and my cholesterol has always been low. Genetics?

Genetics. You may have the DNA to permit a daily intravenous infusion of aioli, but that doesn't mean it's a sound idea across the board.

Publius

Hummin', comin', atcha . . .
Registered
Reaction score
I put nutrition on the same level as parenting.

You should do everything you can to produce a positive outcome, but don't get pissed when you find out all the advice they gave you was wrong.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I'm celebrating by having an egg, cheese, and bacon omelet for dinner.

Of course, I would have done that anyway.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Add butter and you're golden.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
As someone who has done some consulting work for nutrition and food science studies, I have to agree with Zoombie.

You're almost always dealing with low sample sizes, missing data, and massive between-subject biological variation.

It's a lot tougher getting subjects to stick to a strict diet routine than having them fill out a survey or take a pill.

...but the problem here is almost entirely with the media. I've never heard a real nutrition scientist spout the kind of alarmist crap you get from the news and amateur health nuts.

I have to agree with this. There are probably very few foods that are entirely good or entirely bad for everyone. But the way the information is reported, it doesn't sound that way.