Rates for copywriters

Status
Not open for further replies.

allias

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I received an offer from one web-site offering to write some content(with keywords) for internal needs and articles to promote the service. He asked me for my rates, but I have never done this kind of job before. I love writing, however, English is not my first language. How should I count my compensation per word?symbol? How much can I ask as a newbie copywriter?

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
I can't answer your question directly, because I've not been in your position. However, the Editorial Freelancers' Association has some general guidelines that may be helpful. With no previous experience, you'd probably start at the bottom of the range, and may have to go even lower in order to get those first few assignments.

allias

Registered
Reaction score
I can't answer your question directly, because I've not been in your position. However, the Editorial Freelancers' Association has some general guidelines that may be helpful. With no previous experience, you'd probably start at the bottom of the range, and may have to go even lower in order to get those first few assignments.

Thanks for the reply, but I afraid I cannot even claim for the mentioned "bottom". I used to write for one academic assistance agency and they paid about $10 for 1 page (275 words). That was pretty much good considering the fact that my country is not expensive:) You think I made a bad bargain?

allias

Registered
Reaction score
And another one question:) Does copywriting for SEO needs (enter keywords to the text) requires more efforts? Do I need to claim more in that case?

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
No, it doesn't really require any extra time to put in keywords. However, I would get them to clarify what they want in regards to keywords and SEO. While it is still a common and good practice to put a keyword phrase in the title of an article and in the first paragraph, it is a bad practice to go beyond that and keyword stuffing can be very counter productive.

allias

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, herdon. They are going to send me teсhnical tasks like this:

Text required for the page: www.example.com/category1
Number of characters without spaces - 1500
Use the following keywords:
keyword 1
keyword 2
keyword 3
keyword 4

Actually I am not responsible for the site promotion, my task is writing according to the technical task.

allias

Registered
Reaction score
OK, it was not so hard as I've expected it to be. Now I am waiting for Google bot to "catch".

Status
Not open for further replies.