• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Hydra House

Darkvampiredrake

Master of Tiny Mistakes
Registered
Reaction score
In a cave under a rock. A really big rock.
Website
www.pagesofblood.com
**NOT Random House's Hydra imprint**

This guy: http://hydrahousebooks.com/
Located in Seattle, WA.

Okay, I'll admit from the start that I don't really expect much to come from this... but anyone know this publisher? It's tiny, but it also seems to be brand-spankin' new. I can't find any information since every time I try to look, I keep getting tangled up in Random House's problem. I have no internet searching skills beyond google, so that leaves me pretty lost. I thought it a (potentially) good sign that the publisher is looking for such a narrow range of authors (which I fit in), but that also means it's incredibly tiny and doesn't have much to go off of. Any advice? I never received an answer to my submission sent mid-November 2014, and I don't know if I should still count it as outgoing when looking at other pubs. Don't even know if I should waste my time with a nudge. I guess I'm pretty much just looking for general advice on how to deal with something so tiny.

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
They're not new - been around since 2011. If you haven't heard since 2011, you might ask if they got it. Ping them again. If they still are non-responders, at least you'll know. Otherwise, I'd move on to other publishers.

Last edited: