Phenomenal Reviews are Leaving Me Breathless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Today I woke up to 2 more 5-Star reviews of Burn Baby Burn Baby. The first, on Amazon, was titled as follows:

This book belongs alongside Laurie Halse Anderson's TWISTED and John Green's LOOKING FOR ALASKA

I mean, Looking for Alaska! How do I even deal with that!!?? My favourite Green, and one of my favourite reads of the last few years.

Kevin Craig has written a gripping, heart-wrenching yet hopeful story. BURN BABY, BURN BABY is a novel about poverty, abuse, bullying, self-esteem, sexuality, friendship and loyalty, and personal growth. It’s got it all! I know...not an easy thing to pull off. But Kevin Craig does it seemingly effortlessly, in a story that will hook you right from the very first page. His characters are complex and flawed, relatable, and authentic, and while Craig tackles some very weighty issues, he does so with grace, intelligence and sensitivity.

The second review was just as amazing...and from a fellow AW member...which THRILLS me. (-:

I keep getting punched in the feels in the most spectacular way. And I honestly believed this book would NEVER EVER be published.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, Kevin. :D

Congratulations.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!
Going to check it out!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very pleased for you, KTC. You really deserve this.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thank you ALL so much for your kind words! It seems I do EVERYTHING the hard way! lol. These 5 little books are the little engine who thinks he can. (-:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doing the Happy Dance with ya, Dude... :snoopy:

(and I might add, I do it sooooo much better) :tongue

annapalooza

Learning about time management
Registered
Reaction score
That's amazing! Congratulations on your reviews, and all your hard work to make them happen!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thanks, all! (-: Much appreciated.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
HALF DEAD & FULLY BROKEN TOO!

Along with the amazing reviews for Burn Baby Burn Baby, the reviews for the newly released novel HALF DEAD & FULLY BROKEN are coming in now...and they too are phenomenal. And I don't even know if I can deal with this.

Today, this came:

The depth of emotion that is covered between these three is brilliant to read.

If you are looking for a Young Adult story that deals with emotional issues, with a dash of the paranormal, then I can highly recommend this book.

These from a review in my blog review tour set up by my publisher. Here's the full review:

http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2015/01/review-tour-half-dead-fully-broken-by.html

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tee-Hee...

I smell movie rights. ;)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thanks muchly, all!

I received a new review last night that mentioned Burn Baby would make an awesome movie. Almost every single review is mentioning this fact. But that sort of thing doesn't happen to me. (-: But it's amazing and wonderful to hear all the reviews. My one goal is to write stuff that punches people in the feels. Judging by the reviews, I'm reaching my goal. That's all I want. (-: I'm delirious. One spectacular review after another. I don't think I can ask for more...even if it is to ask for movie rights. (-;

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.